Ander Herrera is expected to return after missing Saturday’s win over Villa as Manchester United look to add to their impressive recent record against the Eagles.
Herrera is set to return to the United squad to face Palace as Louis van Gaal stated there were no new injury problems ahead of the visit of the Eagles.
That means Luke Shaw, Adnan Januzaj, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Will Keane should be the only absentees, while Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard will be competing for a starting spot again after being rested for the home win over Aston Villa.
Alan Pardew admitted that he will not pick a weakened team for their trip to Old Trafford, despite having an upcoming FA Cup semi-final against Watford at Wembley on Sunday.
Scott Dann and Joe Ledley will be fit for Sunday, but will not be back in time for the United trip. Yannick Bolasie will miss the clash with the Red Devils, while Joel Ward will also be sidelined, although Pardew did confirm James McArthur will return in time.
- Manchester United have never lost to Crystal Palace in the Barclays Premier League (W10 D3).
- The Eagles have failed to score in 10 of their 13 Premier League games against Manchester United and five of six at Old Trafford.
- Manchester United have won their last eight home league matches against Crystal Palace.
- Crystal Palace have kept only one clean sheet away to Manchester United in league competition in 18 attempts – October 1970 (1-0).
- Juan Mata has scored in two of his last three Premier League appearances against the Eagles, netting the winner in this exact fixture last term.
- Marcus Rashford has scored seven goals in his 12 appearances for Manchester United so far, despite attempting only 10 shots on target.
- Crystal Palace have won six Premier League points (W1 D3 L0) in April so far, more than in January, February and March combined (two points – W0 D2 L9).
- Wayne Rooney has scored 99 Premier League goals at Old Trafford – the only player to have scored 100+ at a single Premier League ground is Thierry Henry at Highbury (114).
- Palace are winless in their last eight Premier League away matches (W0 D5 L3) since their last win on the road back on December 19th 2015 at Stoke City.
- All three of Emmanuel Adebayor’s Premier League goals against Manchester United have been scored at Old Trafford.
Overall recent form
|Recent League Form||Manchester United||Crystal Palace|
|Last five games||WLWWL||DDWDL|
Managers records – All-time
|All-time English Barclays Premier League Record||P||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||PTS||PTS/P|
|Louis van Gaal||71||36||18||17||102||67||35||126||1.77|