Swansea City must improve on a dreadful recent record at Norwich City if they are to turn around their poor Premier League form.
Morgan Schneiderlin is expected to return for Manchester United after missing their midweek Champions League win over CSKA Moscow, but Antonio Valencia remains a doubt with a foot injury, while Matteo Darmian definitely misses out through suspension.
West Brom, meanwhile, have doubts over “one or two” unnamed players, according to Tony Pulis, but James Morrison is in contention to start after returning from injury as a substitute against Leicester City last weekend.
- West Brom have lost just one of their last five Premier League games against Manchester United W2 D2 L1. Those two victories have come in their last two trips to Old Trafford.
- Manchester United have lost just one of their last 13 Premier League games at Old Trafford (W9 D3 L1), but that defeat was against West Brom.
- Wayne Rooney has scored seven goals and assisted four more in his last seven Premier League starts against West Brom.
- The Baggies have won five and lost just two of their last nine Premier League games on the road.
- Only one team has managed to score against West Brom in the Baggies’ five Premier League away trips this season (Crystal Palace).
- Manchester United have kept more clean sheets than any other side in the Premier League this season (7).
- United have kept four clean sheets in their last five Premier League matches but failed to score in three of the last four.
- The Red Devils have only failed to score in three successive Premier League games on three occasions before – November 1992, April 2005 and August 2007.
- Only West Brom (109) have fired in fewer shots (including blocked) than Manchester United (110) in the Premier League this season.
- The Baggies have committed fewer fouls than any other team in the Premier League (99).