Mancini ‘cold’ on England boss speculation

Date published: Saturday 15th October 2016 11:11

Roberto Mancini: Watched England last week

Roberto Mancini: Watched England last week

Roberto Mancini has labelled England “cold” and denied he is in talks with the Football Association over the England job.

The former Manchester City gaffer was pictured at Wembley last weekend as Gareth Southgate kicked off his reign with a 2-0 win over Malta.

Reports claimed the 51-year-old, who left Inter Milan by mutual consent in August, was a guest of the FA, but that was apparently denied by England big wigs.

Regardless, rumours that Mancini was on the FA’s short-list surfaced, but on Saturday morning in Milan he rebuffed those suggestions at a charity game for the earthquake victims.

“Coming back to Milan is great, but it’s very cold here. England’s cold too, but I am not in talks with the English FA at the moment. I haven’t watched Inter games so I have nothing to say about them,” he told Calciomercato.

“Today I am here for a charity game and I am very happy to be back. I hope this is going to be useful for people suffering in Amatrice and in all the area stuck by the quake, especially kids. Let’s hope we can do something important for them,” Mancini said at a charity event organised by the Italian paper Il Giorno.

Related Articles

Your Say