Midfielder’s Newcastle future over after training ground bust-up

Date published: Saturday 12th August 2017 12:47

Jack Colback: Down after 0-0 draw

Jack Colback has almost certainly played his last game for Newcastle after a training ground row which has seen him banished from the first-team set-up, according to reports.

The former Sunderland midfielder had already been training away from main group earlier in the week before getting the nod from Benitez when another player picked up a knock.

However, the report in the Daily Mail claims the 27-year-old infuriated the Toon chief when he refused to take part and has since been told to train alone.

The midfielder turned up to training on Friday, after the senior team had been and gone, and was again asked to work by himself and has not been included in the club’s 25-man Premier League squad.

Newcastle are already believed to have offered Colback, who joined the club on a free transfer in 2014, to other clubs but his £40,000-per-week wages are said to be providing a major stumbling block for potential suitors.

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments