Monaco will not stop £100m Mbappe moving on this summer

Date published: Monday 22nd May 2017 1:03

Monaco will not block Kylian Mbappe’s exit if the striker wishes to leave this summer, according to the club’s president Dmitry Rybolovlev.

Mbappe is one of the most in-demand players in world football, after enjoying an incredible debut season in France.

His 26 goals this campaign helped Monaco claim the Ligue 1 title and a place in the Champions League semi-finals, where they eventually crashed out to Juventus.

Many of Europe’s top clubs are said to be chasing the 18-year-old’s signature, with Liverpool already rumoured to have made a bid of around £64million for the player last week.

It also emerged on Sunday that Real Madrid had offered a world-record £103m for Mbappe, and while Monaco rejected that too, they will not stand in the forward’s way if he confirms he wishes to leave.

“We are not here to decide in the place of men, block them, tell them yes or no,” Rybolovlev said.

“We have no budget problem and we are not forced to sell, but the day when a player or coach wants to leave, it’s just unimaginable to keep him against his wishes.

“We are not Real Madrid or Barcelona or Manchester. Everyone has to cross the road in his career to go even higher. You do not keep a man against his will.

“In business, if you go against the market and against the trends, you will always lose. Later, if someone goes, this is not our initiative. You know, [Anthony] Martial, it was he who wanted to leave and we can understand that.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments