Mourinho confirms there’s more to come for Zlatan at Man Utd

Date published: Friday 11th August 2017 2:40

Jose Mourinho has confirmed Manchester United are in talks with Zlatan Ibrahimovic about signing for the second part of the season.

The 35-year-old confounded the doubters last season, plundering 28 goals before a serious knee injury brought his maiden campaign at Old Trafford to a shuddering halt.

Ibrahimovic was let go at the end of his one-year contract, but the veteran Swede is undergoing rehabilitation at United ahead of his expected return to fitness around Christmas.

Mourinho said during pre-season that a new deal was a possibility and confirmed ahead of the Premier League opener against West Ham that talks are under way.

“You know, he’s injured, he needs time to recover,” the United boss said. “He’s not ready to play tomorrow.

“It’s not something urgent, it’s nothing that you are desperate to have it done or not done.

“I just think that he was very clear by showing that what he did last year was not enough for him. He thinks he can do more.

“He wants more at football’s highest level, so we are having conversations and we are discussing the possibility of him staying with us for the second part of the season.”

Mourinho still speaks of free agent Ibrahimovic as part of the group, saying he is injured for the start of the season along with other “important players” like Luke Shaw, Ashley Young and Marcos Rojo.

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments