Newcastle United’s injury problems may not ease in time for their crucial Premier League clash with Bournemouth at St James’ Park.
Newcastle are likely to remain without Fabricio Coloccini and Chancel Mbemba at the back, while Andros Townsend remains a doubt due to a knock. Yoan Gouffran will also be assessed ahead of the game.
Bournemouth have concerns over Harry Arter and Joshua King, who both have calf problems, while Junior Stanislas could again miss out with a hamstring injury.
- Newcastle United and Bournemouth have met seven times in all competitions, with the Magpies winning three times and the Cherries twice.
- In the reverse fixture back in November, Newcastle’s opening goal courtesy of Ayoze Perez came via their only shot of any kind in the first-half and their only shot on target in the whole game.
- Newcastle have lost just two of their last 10 Premier League matches at St James Park (W4 D4 L2).
- Bournemouth have lost just one of their last eight Premier League away games (W3 D4 L1).
- This is Newcastle’s lowest tally of points after 27 games of a Premier League season (24).
- Benik Afobe has scored four goals in his last seven Premier League appearances and Bournemouth have won three and drawn one of those games.
- All nine of Georginio Wijnaldum’s Premier League goals for Newcastle United have come at St James’ Park.
- Just 54% of Newcastle’s passes have been in the opposition half this season – a lower proportion than every other team in the Premier League.
- Bournemouth have scored the most goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches this season (8).
- The Cherries have run the furthest of any Premier League side in 2015-16 so far (3273kms).