Newcastle United have lost only one of their last 12 Premier League home games against West Ham going into Saturday’s latest encounter at St James’ Park.
Newcastle could hand debuts to new signings Jonjo Shelvey and Henri Saivet, but Papiss Cisse faces another month on the sidelines after undergoing surgery on his groin problem.
West Ham striker Andy Carroll, meanwhile, is facing four to six weeks out after suffering a hamstring injury in the midweek win at Bournemouth.
Manuel Lanzini and Diafra Sakho also miss out for the Irons, but Victor Moses, Cheikhou Kouyate and Mauro Zarate are all fit again.
- Newcastle United have lost just one of their last 12 Premier League games against West Ham United at St James Park (W6 D5 L1).
- The Hammers have failed to even score in three of their last four trips to play Newcastle in the Premier League.
- However, Newcastle have failed to score in five of their last seven Premier League games against West Ham.
- Newcastle are winless in five Premier League fixtures (D2 L3), their longest run since failing to win any of their opening eight fixtures this season.
- Newcastle have taken just 18 points from their 21 Premier League games so far this season, their lowest total in the top-flight at this stage since 1988/89 (17) in which they were relegated.
- Newcastle United have attempted a league-low 147 shots (excluding blocked) this season.
- Since losing 0-2 at Newcastle on the final day last season, West Ham have lost just twice away in the Premier League (W5 D4 L2).
- The Hammers are the only Premier League side yet to concede in the final five minutes of a game this season, while no side have scored more than them in this period (5 – level with Man City and C.Palace).
- All eight of Georginio Wijnaldum’s goals for Newcastle have been scored at St James’ Park.
- Dimitri Payet has scored or assisted more goals for West Ham this season (all competitions) than any other player (six goals, five assists).