Out-of-form Newcastle are bidding to make it four straight Premier League wins against Chelsea at St James’ Park on Saturday.
Newcastle welcome back Aleksandar Mitrovic from a three-match suspension and Daryl Janmaat after illness, but the Magpies are definitely without Papiss Cisse and also have concerns over the fitness of Massadio Haidara, Jack Colback and Rolando Aarons.
Chelsea, meanwhile, are without the suspended Diego Costa but, Thibaut Courtois aside, are otherwise at full strength, with Willian, Oscar and Pedro all fit following recent injuries.
Kick-off at St James’ Park on Saturday is at 5.30pm.
- Newcastle United have won their last three Premier League home games against Chelsea.
- Jose Mourinho has never won a Premier League game at St James’ Park (D2 L3).
- Papiss Cissé has scored four Premier League goals against Chelsea – only against Stoke and Swansea (also 4) has he scored as many.
- Eden Hazard has scored more goals against Newcastle in the Premier League (4) than against any other opponent.
- Chelsea have won eight and lost none (D4) of the 12 Premier League matches that Diego Costa has missed since the start of 2014-15.
- Newcastle have won just one of their last 17 Premier League games (D3 L13).
- Steve McClaren has won just two of his last 19 league games as a manager (W2 D8 L9 – six games at Newcastle, 13 at Derby County).
- The Magpies have scored the fewest goals (3) and had the fewest shots (37, excluding blocked) in the Premier League so far in 2015-16.
- Chelsea have allowed their opponents a league-high 40 shots on target in the Premier League this season and have conceded 12 goals – a tally that only Sunderland (13) have conceded more than.
- Both Chelsea and Newcastle have only used three English players in their opening six games of the Premier League season – only Watford (2) have used fewer.