Neymar Snr quashes Manchester United talk

Date published: Friday 18th September 2015 11:07

Neymar Barcelona TEAMtalk 2

Neymar: Staying with Barcelona

Reported Manchester United target Neymar will not be leaving Spanish outfit Barcelona, according to his father.

The Brazil superstar was linked with a world-record move to United last month, but his agent and Barca were quick to pour cold water on the talk.

And now his father has stated that the 23-year-old is not leaving Catalonia.

“People can relax, Neymar is staying at Barca,” Neymar Sr told Cuatro.

“We don’t need to reach an agreement with Barca because he has three more years on his contract.”

United were believed to have been encouraged by a third party to make an enquiry for the former Santos star, who was reported to be ‘open’ to a 2016 move to Old Trafford.

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu quickly quashed the talk before the August transfer window closed.

“Those are just rumours and what people write but there is nothing to it,” Bartomeu told Catalan radio station Catalunya Radio.

“Neymar is happy at Barca. We don’t want Neymar to leave at all.”

Neymar blasted 39 goals last season for the La Liga champions, who went on to win the Treble last season.

Related Articles

Your Say


Leave a Reply