Rumour Mill: Niguez boost for Man United; Reds eye £30m ace

Date published: Monday 29th February 2016 12:21

Saul Niguez: Said to have snubbed new contract

Saul Niguez: Said to have snubbed new contract

Manchester United’s hopes of signing Saul Niguez have improved after the Atletico Madrid man rejected a new deal, while Liverpool target Schalke wonderkid Leroy Sane, according to today’s rumours.

ARSENAL

Riyad Mahrez: Praised former manager Nigel Pearson

– Arsenal are ready to enter the race to sign Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez with Manchester United, Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid all having been previously linked (ESPN)

Arsenal are in talks to re-sign Havard Nordtveit when his Borussia Monchengladbach contract expires in the summer (Bild)

– Arsenal are weighing up a move for 20-year-old Newcastle winger Rolando Aarons, who has failed to agree a new contact with the Magpies (Daily Mirror)

ASTON VILLA

– Deportivo are keen to take Aston Villa midfielder Carlos Sanchez back to La Liga in the summer (Gol Digital)

CHELSEA

– Chelsea have identified Crystal Palace defender Scott Dann as an ideal summer transfer target (Daily Mail)

– Roman Abramovich will meet Antonio Conte’s representatives this week in Monaco to discuss becoming the next Chelsea boss (Daily Star)

– Former England manager Fabio Capello claims fellow Italian Antonio Conte, who is expected to be named Chelsea manager, is already “preparing” for the Stamford Bridge job (Fox Sports)

EVERTON

– Everton have plans in place to make a move for Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly, who is seen as an ideal replacement for John Stones (Calciomercato)

– New Everton shareholder Farhad Moshiri will provide the Goodison Park club with £100m investment in the summer (Daily Mirror)

LIVERPOOL

Leroy Sane

– Liverpool have been linked with a move for £30m-rated Schalke wonderkid Leroy Sane (Liverpool Echo)

MANCHESTER CITY

– Man City have lined up deals for Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte and Barcelona stopper Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Various)

– Barcelona defender Gerard Pique has ruled out a reunion with Pep Guardiola at Manchester City this summer.

MANCHESTER UNITED

– Manchester United are ready to make a transfer move for Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi this summer (Metro)

– Manchester United have been handed a huge boost in their bid to land long-term target Saul Niguez – as the Atletico Madrid man has rejected a new contract offer from the club (The Sun)

– Manchester United are reportedly planning for a future without injured left-back Luke Shaw and will seek to sign his replacement this summer (Daily Express)

NEWCASTLE

– Arsenal are weighing up a move for 20-year-old Newcastle winger Rolando Aarons, who has failed to agree a new contact with the Magpies (Daily Mirror)

– Newcastle are keen to sign Lyon defender Samuel Umtiti, 22, if they can avoid relegation from the Premier League (The Sun)

– Newcastle United have eyes on Huddersfield Town defender Jordan Williams, 16, who has experience with the England youth squads (The Sun)

– Newcastle winger Remy Cabella expects to make his loan move to Marseille permanent in the summer (talkSPORT)

STOKE CITY

– Stoke are keeping a close eye on the progress of Fulham defender Dan Burn as they search for a long-term successor to Ryan Shawcross (The Sun)

SUNDERLAND

On-loan Sunderland midfielder Liam Bridcutt is opening to staying at Leeds United permanently, but only if the conditions are right (Yorkshire Evening Post)

TOTTENHAM

– Tottenham target Michy Batshuayi insists he is focusing on performing for Marseille – despite talk of a big move this summer (talkSPORT)

– Tottenham are monitoring Napoli’s Lorenzo Insigne and Juventus star Mario Mandzukic as potential options to ease the goal-scoring burden on Harry Kane (Calciomercato)

WEST BROM

– West Brom manager Tony Pulis has promised Saido Berahino he will secure a move to a top-four club – but warned only good performances will help his cause.

Related Articles

Your Say