No settlement reached after preliminary Carneiro tribunal

Date published: Wednesday 6th January 2016 4:30

Eva Carneiro: Set to take up role at medical clinic in Gibraltar

Eva Carneiro: Set to take up role at medical clinic in Gibraltar

Former Chelsea team doctor Eva Carneiro has appeared at a tribunal hearing for her constructive dismissal case against the Premier League champions, but no settlement was reached. 

The preliminary hearing was held in private before an employment judge, and took place at the London South Employment Tribunal in Croydon.

Carniero made no comment to the press as she entered and left the hearing, and after the three-hour hearing, Mary O’Rourke QC, representing Carneiro, said no settlement had been reached.

A date has been set for the next hearing, but a court spokesman refused to state when that would be.

He said: “It was a private hearing and what happened in the hearing is a private matter.”

The 42-year-old doctor was dropped from first-team duties after then-Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho criticised her and first-team physio Jon Fearn for going on to the pitch to treat Eden Hazard on the opening day of the season.

Carneiro did not appear on the Chelsea bench again and later parted company with the club, and both the Premier League champions and then-manager Jose Mourinho were heavily criticised for their role in the saga.

Carneiro also has a separate personal legal action against Mourinho, who left the club in December, for alleged victimisation and discrimination.

Mourinho was cleared of using discriminatory language towards Carneiro following an investigation by the Football Association.

Related Articles

Your Say