Northampton takeover on course

Date published: Wednesday 1st July 2015 12:27

Adam Lallana: Reds need to man up

Northampton’s takeover remains on course after chairman David Cardoza confirmed that talks with an Indian consortium are ongoing.

The Cobblers reached an initial agreement last week with the group, who are committed to redeveloping the club’s Sixfields Stadium and have said they want to take a fresh approach in the rebuilding of the East Stand, where work is already under way.

Cardoza said: “It has been a week since we announced that Heads of Terms had been agreed and while I clearly wouldn’t want to speak on behalf of the consortium I understand the supporters need and want to know as much as possible so I am happy to provide an update.

“The consortium are aware of both the potential of the club and the issues we have faced. They are looking at the club as a whole with the immediate focus being the need for the club’s own training ground and increasing the capacity of the stadium, both are issues they are very keen to address.

“I can’t go in to too much detail at the moment, that will be up to the consortium when they are ready, but I can confirm that if the sale does go through they will want to take a fresh approach in regard to the East Stand and work has stopped until new plans have been drawn up with Buckinghams.

“The consortium will be writing to Northampton Borough Council, ahead of a formal meeting, to introduce themselves.

“These things do take time, but all parties are working to bring matters to a conclusion as soon as possible and we will update supporters as and when we can.”

Related Articles

Your Say


Leave a Reply