Norwich City have won only one of their last 10 meetings with Southampton ahead of Saturday’s latest Premier League clash at Carrow Road.
On-loan Norwich defender Andre Wisdom is available selection again following a hamstring injury, but Matt Jarvis (knee) has not fully recovered.
Canaries boss Alex Neil has no other injury worries but is expected to rotate his players as the way the games have fallen has “put extra demands on the body”.
Southampton, meanwhile, will have to make at least one change after Oriol Romeu picked up his fifth booking of the season in Monday’s 2-1 defeat at West Ham. Graziano Pelle (knee), Jay Rodriguez (foot) and Cedric Soares (groin) remain sidelined.
- Norwich City have won just one of the last 10 meetings against Southampton in all competitions (W1 D5 L4).
- Shane Long has scored six goals in his last nine league appearances against Norwich City.
- Norwich have picked up as many wins in their last three Premier League games (W2 D0 L1) as they had in their previous 14 matches in the competition (W2 D5 L7).
- The Canaries have conceded just three goals in their last five Premier League games at Carrow Road but have only found the net five times themselves in these games.
- Southampton have lost five of their last seven Premier League games (W1 D1 L5).
- Away from home, Southampton have picked up just two victories in their last 16 in the Premier League (W2 D5 L9) and scored just 12 goals in these matches.
- Wes Hoolahan has now provided more assists for Norwich City than any other player in Premier League history (17).
- Norwich City have kept just two clean sheets this season; a joint league low with Aston Villa; although the Canaries kept one in their last match (2-0 v Aston Villa).
- Declan Rudd has conceded just seven goals in the five Premier League games he’s played this season (1.4 per game) and has saved 72% of shots. In comparison, John Ruddy conceded 25 goals in 14 games (1.79 per game) and saved 60% of shots.
- Southampton have attempted the most headed shots (54) and have fired in the most open play crosses (365) in the Premier League this season.