Norwich City are unbeaten in five Premier League games against Sunderland going into Saturday’s crucial encounter at Carrow Road.
Norwich are likely to be without Timm Klose after he jarred his knee in last weekend’s defeat at Crystal Palace so Sebastien Bassong is expected to deputise in central defence.
Sunderland striker Duncan Watmore is an option for Sam Allardyce after returning to training following an ankle ligament injury which has kept him out since the beginning of February.
Allardyce otherwise has no fresh selection problems as he looks to end a six-game wait for a victory and rekindle the relegation-threatened Black Cats’ survival hopes.
Kick-off at Carrow Road is at 12.45pm.
- Norwich City have lost none of their last five Premier League meetings with Sunderland (W3 D2 L0).
- There has been a red card in three of the last four Premier League meetings between these sides.
- Norwich have won only five of their last 19 Premier League matches at Carrow Road (W5 D5 L9).
- Sunderland have won just three of their last 27 Premier League away matches (W3 D9 L15).
- The Black Cats have kept just one clean sheet in their last 17 Premier League away games.
- Sam Allardyce’s side are now winless in six Premier League matches (W0 D4 L2).
- Norwich’s last 13 Premier League goals have been scored by 10 different players – with none of these being own goals.
- Jermain Defoe has scored 12 Premier League goals this season – no other Sunderland player currently in their squad has scored more than three (van Aanholt & Borini).
- Defoe has scored nine goals in 13 Premier League away appearances this season for the Black Cats.
- This match will be Sam Allardyce’s 462nd in the Premier League; taking him to outright fourth in the list of most PL games managed behind Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Harry Redknapp and one ahead of David Moyes.