Liverpool will bid to maintain their hoodoo over Norwich – with both sides vulnerable from set-pieces – when the sides clash at Carrow Road on Saturday lunchtime (12.45pm).
New Norwich signings Steven Naismith and Ivo Pinto are both expected to be in the squad to face Liverpool.
Manager Alex Neil will also make a late decision on whether to include Swiss defender Timm Klose, who joined the Norfolk club from Wolfsburg earlier this week, but otherwise the Canaries report no fresh injury problems following the defeat at Bournemouth.
Midfielder Gary O’Neil continues to serve a three-match ban following his red card at Stoke, while on-loan Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom is ineligible to play against his parent club.
Adam Lallana is a doubt for Liverpool with a minor muscle problem.
Manager Jurgen Klopp will revert to his strongest line-up having made numerous changes for the midweek FA Cup win over Exeter.
His main decision will be over whom to play up front as Christian Benteke was involved in two of the midweek goals but looked desperately short of confidence and Roberto Firmino has been the preferred option in a false nine role.
- Liverpool have won nine and lost none of the last 11 Barclays Premier League meetings with Norwich City.
- Liverpool have scored just one goal in their last four Premier League matches away from home, losing three (W1 D0 L3).
- Norwich City are unbeaten in the last five Premier League games at Carrow Road (W3 D2), keeping clean sheets in all three victories and conceding just once in each of the two draws.
- Liverpool have scored 22 goals in their last six Premier League games against the Canaries, although 12 of those were scored by Luis Suarez.
- Only Aston Villa (10.2%) have scored with a lower proportion of their shots in the Premier League this season than Liverpool (10.3%).
- Norwich have conceded a league-high 14 goals from crosses in the Premier League this season.
- Since Jürgen Klopp took charge of his first Premier League match at Liverpool on October 17th, the Reds have won 19 points from 14 matches – a tally that seven teams have collected more than.
- Norwich City have exactly the same record after 22 games that they did in their last Premier League season (2013-14, in which they were relegated) – W6 D5 L11 and 23 points.
- Since signing for Liverpool in January 2013, Daniel Sturridge has played just 60 of a possible 116 Premier League games for the club (52%).
- Sebastien Bassong has been forced into making the most clearances overall (184) and most headed clearances (121).