Eden Hazard will reportedly remain at Chelsea next season unless Real Madrid come calling in the summer.
The Belgium playmaker has had a season to forget so far for the Blues, and after winning PFA Footballer of the Year last term he has yet to score in the Premier League this time around.
He did get on the scoresheet on Sunday in the 5-1 FA Cup win over Man City, his second goal of the season, but he has only shown glimpses of the form he demonstrated last term and on the eve of last week’s Champions League tie with Paris Saint-Germain he claimed he would find it difficult to turn down advances from PSG.
Interim boss Guus Hiddink quickly quelled that talk and told him to focus on his football and the Daily Telegraph now claims Hazard will only leave Stamford Bridge for a move to Zinedine Zidane’s Real Madrid.
Hazard, buoyed by his FA Cup strike, is understood to be confident he can now finish the season strongly as he regains full match fitness from the groin injury that kept him out for three weeks, having also suffered a hip problem.
Real are currently under a transfer ban, but they are in the process of appealing and they could be tempted to make a move for Hazard, while the paper says the player has “told friends” he will stay with Chelsea unless Real make a bid for him.