Oscar ready for ‘fresh beginning’ – at Chelsea

Date published: Wednesday 11th May 2016 12:29

Oscar

Oscar has admitted he has not been happy at Chelsea this season but is looking forward to a “fresh beginning” under Antonio Conte at Stamford Bridge.

Oscar has been linked with Juventus on several occasions over the past 12 months, with reports from Italy earlier this week again suggesting he was in talks with the Serie A champions over a summer.

Oscar was also reported to be a target for Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning in February, but speaking then the Brazilian said he wants to stay in west London “for a long time”.

Now the 24-year-old has spoken of his desire to play himself back into favour at Chelsea as Conte prepares to take the reins from interim manager Guus Hiddink.

“It’s been very difficult for me,” Oscar told Sky Sports. I had a great season last season, and I’m coming from two or three seasons of doing well, but I was one of those players who got injured at the start of the season.

“When I came back, the team wasn’t doing so well and I found myself on the bench and in and out of the first team. I didn’t achieve the level I wanted to achieve but hopefully next season I can do better.

“[The new manager’s arrival] is great for the players. Obviously you have to prove yourself. I’m sure the coach has been following all the players individually.

“It will be a breath of fresh air to the team and everyone’s excited to prove their worth to be here. Obviously I haven’t been very happy because I haven’t been playing very much but, with the new coach coming in, it’s a fresh beginning for everyone.”

Related Articles

Your Say