Paper Talk: Arsenal chase £40m striker; City to break world record

Date published: Sunday 12th February 2017 8:57

Man City have set their sights on a world-record bid for Dele Alli, Arsenal have joined the race to sign Moussa Dembele and Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal will battle it out for a France international, all in today’s papers.

CITY SET SIGHTS ON ‘WORLD-RECORD’ DELE ALLI BID

Manchester City are ready to make a world-record bid to sign Dele Alli, according to an exclusive in the Daily Express.

The England international is “now on the radar” of Guardiola and City officials have sanctioned a summer move, which will eclipse the £89million Man Utd paid for Paul Pogba.

The report claims that Guardiola is set for a “clearout of his ageing squad” and the 20-year-old is one of his top targets as he looks to add some homegrown players to his sode.

Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are already understood to be tracking Alli, who was named the Premier League Player of the Month for January after scoring five times.

 

ARSENAL JOIN CHASE FOR DEMBELE

The Daily Mirror claims Arsenal are the latest club to express an interest in Celtic striker Moussa Dembele.

The 20-year-old forward has blasted back-to-back hat-tricks for Brendan Rodgers’ men and has scored 26 goals for the Hoops this term.

The striker is rated in the £40million bracket and was rumoured to be heading to Chelsea last month. Dembele himself put paid to those rumours on Twitter after reports suggested he was heading for London to sign for Chelsea. He was in fact having a scan on an injury.

Chelsea none the less remain in the frame for his signature, while Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool are all tracking the former Fulham man’s progress.

It all points to a summer transfer scramble.

CITY, UNITED, ARSENAL BATTLE FOR RIGHT-BACK

 

Man City, Arsenal and Man Utd are set to do battle for for Monaco defender Djibril Sidibe, according to reports in France.

City manager Pep Guardiola has watched the right-back on a scouting trip last month and now Le10 Sport claim the 24-year-old is wanted by both Manchester clubs and Arsenal too.

Sidibe was believed to be a target for Arsene Wenger last summer – but opted join Monaco when leaving Lille last summer for £12.75million.

The former Troyes man has been capped six times by France and with competition for his signature he is expected to cost around £20million.

 

AND THE REST

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero, 28, is ready to leave the Premier League club because he is unhappy with manager Pep Guardiola’s style of play. (The Sun)

Italian giants AC Milan are set to launch a big-money bid for Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, 23, in the summer. (Daily Star)

Manchester United are ready to offer goalkeeper David de Gea, 26, improved terms on his current £200,000-a-week contract to ward off interest from Real Madrid. (Daily Star)

Petr Cech’s agent says the 34-year-old goalkeeper will not leave Arsenal in the summer. (London Evening Standard)

Fiorentina and ex-Blackburn striker Nikola Kalinic, 29, says he rejected a £42.5m move to China. (Daily Mail)

AC Milan are set to offer Arsenal £45m for Chile forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, who is stalling on signing a new contract. (Daily Express)

Manchester City have moved ahead of Spanish giants Real Madrid in the race for Juventus striker Paulo Dybala, 23. (Daily Mirror)

Paulo Dybala: Juventus striker reportedly rejected Manchester United

Rafa Benitez is on Arsenal’s shortlist of potential candidates if Arsene Wenger goes – and Benitez would bring in Thierry Henry. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United could offer Antoine Griezmann a £60m deal to leave Atletico Madrid in the close season. (Daily Mirror)

Leicester winger Demarai Gray is wanted by Tottenham and Liverpool. (The Sun)

West Ham are interested in signing Bacary Sagna when the full-back’s Manchester City contract is up in the summer.  (The Sun)

West Ham could make a bid for Manchester City right-back Pablo Zabaleta if the 32-year-old Argentine is not offered a new contract. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United’s former striker Javier Hernandez, 28, is set to be offered a £12m-a-year deal to join new MLS side Los Angeles FC. (The Sun)

Chelsea skipper John Terry, 36, looks set to miss Sunday’s Premier League trip to Burnley after posting an Instagram story of him being given stitches on a nasty ankle injury. (Daily Mail)

Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric, 31, was struck by an object thrown from the crowd during Saturday’s 3-1 La Liga win at Osasuna. (Marca)

Ex-Netherlands defender Frank de Boer, 46, has played down reports linking him with the vacant manager’s job at his former club Rangers. (Daily Mail)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments