Arsenal target Andriy Yarmolenko has been told to join a Premier League club, while Watford are targeting a disillusioned Liverpool duo, according to today’s papers.
ARSENAL ON ALERT FOR YARMOLENKO
Arsenal have been put on red alert after Ukraine boss Mykhailo Fomenko urged Andriy Yarmolenko to move to the Premier League.
The Gunners are understood to be long-term admirers of Yarmolenko, who has also been linked with Everton and Chelsea in the past 12 months.
According to the Daily Mirror, the Dynamo Kiev winger, Ukraine’s great hope ahead of Euro 2016, is valued at £25million.
“If he is wanted by the top English clubs then, yes. he can show his best in the Premier League and he must do this. He is the leader of our team and leader of our squad,” Fomenko said.
The 26-year-old scored Ukraine’s winner against Wales on Monday night, and Arsenal could be tempted to make a move before the European Championships in case the attacker’s valuation increases.
OUT-OF-FAVOUR DUO SET FOR ANFIELD EXIT
Joe Allen and Jordon Ibe have emerged as targets for Watford, with the pair becoming disillusioned with a lack of first-team football at Liverpool.
Wales midfielder Allen’s form has improved since the arrival of Jurgen Klopp, but the 26-year-old has found starts hard to come by under the German and has only 12 months left to run on his contract.
Ibe, meanwhile, has somewhat fallen off the radar recently, making only two brief substitute appearances after starting the Reds’ FA Cup defeat to West Ham on February 9.
England under-21 boss Gareth Southgate admitted the winger has lost his confidence after the 20-year-old was sent off against Switzerland.
Liverpool are expected to strengthen their midfield this summer, with Mario Gotze and Piotr Zielinski linked with a switch to Anfield this week, which would only push Allen and Ibe further down the pecking order.
And according to The Guardian, The Times and the Daily Express, Watford are leading the chase for the duo.
AND THE REST
– Marcos Rojo will be the big-name casualty this summer as Manchester United plan a squad overhaul (Daily Mirror)
– Yaya Toure is set to leave Manchester City with Bayern Munich, Juventus and PSG interested in the midfielder (The Sun)
– John Obi Mikel admits he is considering quitting Chelsea unless he is guaranteed first-team football (Daily Mirror)
– Manchester United face a fight to sign Renato Sanches this summer with Benfica eager to keep the prodigious midfielder another season (Daily Telegraph)
– Arsenal are monitoring 21-year-old Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Naby Keita, who is also a target for Crystal Palace, Southampton and Swansea (Daily Mail/Daily Star)
– West Ham are in talks with Valencia over a £2.35million deal for 18-year-old forward Toni Martinez (Daily Mail)
– Southampton will offer striker Graziano Pelle, who was linked with a move away from St Mary’s in January, a new deal if they qualify for Europe (Daily Mirror/Daily Star)
– Tottenham are keeping tabs on Luton starlet, 17, who has yet to make his first-team debut for the Hatters (Daily Mirror)
– Bournemouth will rival Stoke to sign 21-year-old Reading defender Jake Cooper (The Sun)
– West Brom could make a £7million bid for Sheffield Wednesday’s former England under-21 centre-back Tom Lees (Daily Mirror/Daily Star)