Arsenal have been linked with Celta Vigo forward Nolito, while Tottenham are apparently leading the race for a young Serb.
ARSENAL LINKED WITH FORWARD
Arsenal could rival Barcelona for the signing of Celta Vigo forward Nolito, according to Spanish website Fichajes.
Nolito has scored five goals and claimed three assists from just six games in La Liga this season, and Barca are said to see him as the most suitable replacement for Pedro, who they sold to Chelsea over the summer.
The 28-year-old has a buy-out clause of just £13.3million, however, and that is said to have attracted the attention of Arsenal, who were criticised for failing to add to their forward ranks for the season.
Nolito used to be on the books of Barca, although he only played two appearances for the first team. He can play out wide or through the middle and has two Spain caps to his name.
TOTTENHAM LEAD CHASE FOR SERBIAN STARLET
Tottenham are leading the race for teenage Red Star Belgrade striker Luka Jovic, according to Italian website Calciomercato.
Jovic has apparently been scouted by Arsenal, Benfica and Juventus, but Spurs’ willingness to throw youngsters into the team is said to have convinced Jovic that a move to White Hart Lane would be best.
The 17-year-old has already scored 10 goals in 32 appearances for Red Star.
WEST BROM CONTINUE TO TRACK ENRIQUE
West Brom scouts again checked on Liverpool left back Jose Enrique this week, reports the Daily Mail.
Enrique was a target for Tony Pulis in the summer, but Albion were apparently reluctant to pay a fee on top of the Spaniard’s £65,000-a-week salary.
He is out of contract in the summer, however, and is no closer to forcing his way into Brendan Rodgers’ first-team plans at Anfield.
He played 45 minutes for Liverpool Under-21s in their 2-1 win over Leicester on Monday night and set up Jerome Sinclair for their first goal in front of the Albion spy.
AND THE REST
- Concern is growing within the Chelsea dressing room at the perceived scapegoating of certain players by Jose Mourinho after the champions’ desperately poor start to the season (The Guardian/Daily Telegraph)
- Watford are winning the race to sign Swedish starlet Rafael York, who is also wanted by Southampton (The Sun)
- Joe Cole has held talks with Tim Sherwood over his Aston Villa future and is keen to join a Championship club on loan (Daily Telegraph)
- Bournemouth midfielder Shaun MacDonald is set to go out on loan, with Preston and Coventry keen (Daily Mirror)
- Louis van Gaal’s micro-management of Manchester United even includes choosing which of his players get to go up first for their lunches (Daily Mail)
- Arsene Wenger is planning to recall Petr Cech to Champions League action for the double-header against Bayern Munich (Daily Mail)