Paper Talk: Arsenal make contract offer; Keane destination revealed

Date published: Friday 21st April 2017 12:15

Arsenal have offered a four-year deal to a left-back and Michael Keane’s destination has been revealed, all in the papers. 

WENGER OFFERS DEAL TO KOLASINAC

Arsene Wenger is confident Arsenal will secure the signing of Sead Kolasinac, according to a report.

The Schalke left-back is out of contract at the end of the season and will move on after failing to agree an extension to his deal.

The Daily Mirror claims Wenger has beaten off competition from Liverpool, Tottenham, AC Milan and Everton to sign the 23-year-old Bosnia and Herzegovina international and the club have offered Kolasinac a four-year contract.

Kolasinac is also able to play at left wing-back and after Wenger switched to a back three against Middlesbrough, Kolasinac’s flexibility will be key next season.

 

EVERTON HEAD QUEUE FOR KEANE

Michael Keane: Left Man United for Burnley in 2015

Everton believe they are at the front of the queue to sign Burnley centre-back Michael Keane, according to a report.

Sky Sports reported yesterday that Keane had told Burnley that he was leaving at the end of the season after the player turned down a move to Leicester in the summer.

The 24-year-old has one year remaining on his contract and the Clarets were keen to make sure the England man did not leave for free on the expiration of his contract.

And now the Daily Mail reports that Everton are leading the chase for Keane and “positive dialogue” has taken place.

Everton boss Ronald Koeman has previously spoken about his admiration for Keane, but he refused to answer questions on him on Thursday, prompting suggestions a £20million deal is close.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Everton, Tottenham and Liverpool are all reported to be interested in the player.

Keane’s former club Manchester United are due 25 per cent of any transfer fee.

 

AND THE REST

Diego Costa: His antics have upset some Chelsea fans

Chelsea are losing patience with Diego Costa, 28, and could sell the Spain striker in the summer as he wants a significant increase on his £150,000-a-week salary. (London Evening Standard)

Costa remains a £620,000-a-week net target for Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian, who tried to sign the player in January. (Daily Mail)

Real Madrid have rejected a £42m bid from Liverpool for Marco Asensio. (Sun)

Manchester United should ask Real Madrid for forward Gareth Bale, 27, if the La Liga leaders try and sign Red Devils keeper David de Gea, 26, says former United assistant boss Rene Meulensteen. (TalkSPORT)

Watford manager Walter Mazzarri tells West Brom he is not interested in selling Troy Deeney who has been linked with a £20m move to the midlands. (Daily Mirror)

Pep Guardiola is unhappy with the atmosphere at the Etihad Stadium and has told the club’s owners ‘improving it is a priority’. (Daily Mail)

Monaco star Kylian Mbappe, who has also been linked with Chelsea and Manchester United, has a release clause in his contract. (Daily Star)

Manchester City may have to pay a world-record fee for a defender if they are to succeed in their efforts to sign Juventus and Italy centre-back Leonardo Bonucci, 29.(Daily Telegraph)

Manchester City’s 19-year-old Turkish striker Enes Unal is wanted by Italian club Lazio after scoring 17 goals on loan at FC Twente.(Sun)

Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson, 25, is wanted by newly promoted Brighton – as well as Newcastle United – in the summer. (Daily Mirror)

Carl Jenkinson: Was due to join Palace

Chelsea’s preparations for Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final against Tottenham have been severely disrupted by defender Gary Cahill, 31, spending two nights in hospital with a mystery illness.(Daily Telegraph)

Cahill’s absence could pave the way for club captain John Terry, 36, to make a rare start at Wembley just days after it was announced he was leaving Chelsea.(Sun)

Reading must keep hold of boss Jaap Stam, says defender Chris Gunter. Former Manchester United defender Stam, 44, has yet to be offered an extension to his contract despite masterminding a promotion push.(Reading Chronicle)

Ipswich Town will lose a “few players” in the summer and rebuild, says boss Mick McCarthy. The Tractor Boys have failed to mount a play-off challenge in the Championship this season.(East Anglian Daily Times)

Coventry City fans want chairman Tim Fisher to resign following the club’s relegation to League Two.(Coventry Telegraph)

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments