Top European clubs are targeting a host of Premier League stars, although one Real Madrid man could be set to move to England, according to Sunday’s bumper Paper Talk.
BAYERN MUNICH TARGET KLOPP
Liverpool are bracing themselves for an approach for Jurgen Klopp as the pressure grows on Bayern Munich boss Carlo Ancelotti.
Ancelotti replaced Pep Guardiola in the summer but has failed to replicate the early success of the Spaniard, with Bayern currently second in the Bundesliga, while they failed to top their Champions League group following a shock defeat to FC Rostov.
According to the Sunday Mirror, Liverpool boss Klopp is Bayern’s number one target if they decide to part ways with Ancelotti, having helped transform the Reds since taking over from Brendan Rodgers.
The German only signed a new six-year deal at Anfield in the summer, but the report concludes:
“Interest from Munich only comes around every so often and Klopp will know that his chance to take control of such a huge club may not do so again – leaving Liverpool needing to convince the likeable German his ambitions are best served at Anfield.”
MAN UTD TO BID FOR PAYET
Manchester United are preparing an audacious move for West Ham attacking midfielder Dimitri Payet.
According to the Sunday Mirror, Jose Mourinho wants to bolster his attacking options and has made Payet his priority target.
The France international signed a new five-year deal with the east Londoners in February and is valued around £35million.
However, West Ham are unwilling to listen to offers for the 29-year-old in January, although could be tempting into selling in the summer, especially if the player’s form fails to improve.
The report adds that Mourinho is also keeping an eye on Atletico Madrid winger Yannick Carrasco.
LALLANA LINKED WITH SHOCK MOVE
Adam Lallana has emerged as a surprise target for French champions Paris St-Germain.
Unai Emery’s side are set to offer Liverpool £40million for the midfielder, who would almost triple his salary to £200,000-a-week, according to the Sun on Sunday.
PSG director of football Patrick Kluivert is understood to view the 28-year-old as the best English player in the Premier League.
The report quotes a “PSG insider” as adding: “Adam is seen as a player of real quality in the Premier League.
“His age is not a problem as the club want the best players — and he is one of them.”
AND THE REST
– Chelsea and Manchester United are set to battle for the signing of Real Madrid attacking midfielder James Rodriguez (Sunday Express)
– Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk has emerged as a target for Manchester City, with Pep Guardiola viewing the Dutchman as a replacement for Vincent Kompany (Daily Star)
– Guardiola is also stepping up his interest in Sporting Lisbon winger Gelson Martins, who is also wanted by Manchester United (Sunday Express)
– Jose Mourinho is ‘hopeful’ of signing Atletico Madrid defender Jose Gimenez, with the 21-year-old having fallen out with Diego Simeone (ESPN)
– Fiorentina duo Milan Badelj and Federico Bernardeschi are interesting Chelsea ahead of the January transfer window (Sun on Sunday)
– Chelsea, meanwhile, have also rejoined the race for Hoffenheim defender Niklas Sule (Sunday Mirror)
– Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang admits he could snub a move to the Premier League and extend his contract at Borussia Dortmund (Sun on Sunday)
– Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has reignited his interest in FC Utrecht striker Sebastien Haller (Sunday Express)
– Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois could run down his contract at Stamford Bridge in order to secure a move to Real Madrid (Sun on Sunday)
– Norwich could turn to former England boss Roy Hodgson if they decide to sack Alex Neil (Daily Star)
– West Brom and Hull are interested in Aston Villa striker Rudy Gestede (Sun on Sunday)
– Peter Crouch could be offered a new 12-month contract by Stoke City (Stoke Sentinel)