Chelsea are closing on the signing of Alex Teixeira, Leicester want £30m for Manchester United target Jamie Vardy, while Andre Gray is being watched by Aston Villa, Everton and West Ham, according to Saturday’s transfer gossip.
TEIXEIRA CLAIMS CHELSEA TRANSFER TALKS
Brazil star Alex Teixeira has revealed Chelsea are in ‘deep’ talks to lure him from Shakhtar Donetsk.
Both The Sun and the Daily Express claims the player would set the Blues back around £30million – a small price worth paying if he helps turn Chelsea’s disastrous season around.
And January could be the perfect escape route for Teixeira given Shakhtar have failed to qualify for the knockout stages of this year’s competition.
The 25-year-old has scored 23 goals in 23 games this term for Shakhtar from his attacking midfield role, though the player can also operate as a central striker as an alternative to the misfiring Diego Costa.
LEICESTER WILL DEMAND £30M FOR VARDY
Leicester City will demand at least £30m for scoring sensation Jamie Vardy, if Chelsea or Manchester United make a January approach.
The Daily Telegraph reports the Foxes will demand at least that fee should either United or Chelsea make a January approach for the 28-year-old, and are willing to hold out for “huge money” given Vardy has two-and-a-half years left on his contract.
Leicester reportedly view Vardy in the same bracket as Liverpool’s Christian Benteke (£32m) and United’s Anthony Martial (£36m) despite the English forward’s more advanced age.
However, the Telegraph suggests Chelsea may consider West Brom’s Saido Berahino as an alternative given the 22-year-old’s potential and likely £20m price tag.
BURNLEY STRIKER GRAY WATCHED BY PREM TRIO
Burnley striker Andre Gray is being monitored by Everton, Aston Villa and West Ham, according to reports in the Daily Mirror.
Gray has scored nine times in just 12 starts for Sean Dyche’s side this season following his summer move to Turf Moor from Brentford.
Gray was at the centre of another scramble in the summer when Burnley beat Hull and Bristol City to sign him for £9million.
Gray’s valuation has rocketed towards the £15million mark though his suitors will almost certainly have to wait until next summer to make their move.
While players can be registered with three clubs in one season, FIFA rules state they can only play for two.
Gray played two games for Brentford at the start of the campaign, scoring twice, before sealing his switch to Turf Moor, making him a target for Premier League clubs next summer, rather than in January’s transfer window.
AND THE REST
– Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi has ended speculation linking him with a move to Arsenal and Liverpool in January (Daily Express)
– Barcelona are convinced Real Madrid are on the verge of being hit with the same double transfer-window ban on signing new players that they have endured for the last year (Daily Mail)
– Manchester City defender Martin Demichelis is wanted by both Rosario Central in his native Argentina and New York City FC in January (Daily Mirror)
– Mauricio Pochettino has told Chelsea to prepare themselves for disappointment in their pursuit of Harry Kane, telling Mourinho that his striker will reject any of their advances (Daily Mail)
– Reported Manchester City, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona target Paul Pogba will not be leaving Juventus in the January transfer window (Daily Mirror)
– Aston Villa teenager Adama Traore, bought for £7million from Barcelona, must improve his teamwork to gain a Premier League place, according to Remi Garde (Daily Mail)