Paper Talk: Chelsea pair in talks; United target Santos enforcer

Date published: Thursday 24th November 2016 7:58

Diego Costa: In line for new deal

Diego Costa: Inter reports dismissed

Manchester United have been linked with a midfield enforcer at Santos, while Diego Costa and Thibaut Courtois are set for new Chelsea contracts, all in today’s papers.

NEW DEALS FOR CHELSEA PAIR?

Chelsea will open contract talks with Diego Costa and Thibaut Courtois in January, according to a report.

It’s an amazing turnaround from the pair, who both wanted to leave Stamford Bridge last season, but such has been Antonion Conte’s impact that the duo want to extend their stays in the capital.

The Daily Telegraph claims Conte has persuaded both players to stay with the Blues and both have since had a resurgence in form to fire Chelsea to the top of the table.

“With the pair contracted to Chelsea until 2019, there is no immediate rush for Chelsea to get them signed up to new deals but talks will open in the New Year,” claim the broadsheet.

Keep up to date with the latest Chelsea issues by liking the Blues Addict page on Facebook.

UNITED LINKED WITH MAIA MOVE

Thiaga Maia: In line to join PSG

Manchester United have reportedly registered their interest in signing Santos midfielder Thiago Maia.

ESPN Brazil claim that Jose Mourinho’s scouts are tracking the 19-year-old with the aim of making a move for the defensive midfielder in the January window,

Maia is also believed to be interesting Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain and the Ligue 1 giants are believed to be ready to pay £17m for the 19-year-old, who is contracted to the Brazilian club until 2019.

Maia, who won Olympic gold with the Under-23 Brazilian national team at last summer’s Rio Olympics, extended his deal with Santos in October 2015 and in the summer Blues boss ANtonio Conte was believed to be preparing a £15million bid.

Maia, who has played for Brazil’s Under-17s and Under-20s, is represented by agent Kia Joorabchian, who was heavily involved in the transfer of Brazilian Ramires to Chelsea in 2010.

 Paper Talk Italia: Chelsea face double transfer blow, Prem duo face competition for starlet 

AND THE REST

Gareth Southgate: Wants future to be clarified

Gareth Southgate has been offered the England manager’s job on a permanent basis, with an announcement set to be made before next week’s Football Association board meeting. (Daily Telegraph)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger could move for long-term target Julian Draxler after speculation the 23-year-old will leave Wolfsburg in the near future. (Sun)

Manchester United target Andrea Belotti is set to sign a new contract at Torino that includes an £80m buyout clause. The 22-year-old striker scored 10 goals in the first 11 games this season. (Daily Mirror)

belotti

Former England and Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard, 36, will not be joining Melbourne Victory. (TalkSPORT)

Juventus forward Mario Mandzukic is a shock target for West Ham when the transfer window opens. (Sun)

Genk winger Leon Bailey says he would only move to Man Utd if he is guaranteed regular first team football. (Sun)

Reading are planning a shock swoop for former Tottenham and Liverpool forward Robbie Keane, who left LA Galaxy earlier this week. (Star)

Former Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal offered Mathieu Debuchy a five-year deal to join him at Old Trafford, according to reports in France. (Sun)

Chelsea risk losing young forward Dominic Solanke after contract talks stalled. (Sun)

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny, 31, says he will end his career playing for either the Gunners or his former club Lorient. (Sky Sports)

Laurent Koscielny

Leicester players are set to get a bonus of about £100,000 each for winning their Champions League group. (Daily Mail)

Former Aston Villa defender Joleon Lescott, 34, is set to have his AEK Athens contract ended – less than three months after signing it. (Daily Record)

Bristol Rovers hot-shot Matty Taylor will spark a January transfer bidding war with Brighton, Cardiff, Wolves, QPR and Rangers all interested. (Mirror)

Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 35, says Benfica defender Victor Lindelof, 22, is good enough to play for the Old Trafford club.(Manchester Evening News)

United boss Jose Mourinho has ruled out a move for Barcelona forward Lionel Messi, claiming the 29-year-old should finish his playing career at the Nou Camp. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham Hotspur will consider abandoning Wembley Stadium should they drop to the Europa League, with players eager to return to White Hart Lane. (Daily Mail)

Barcelona have been pushed into offering 18-year-old midfielder Carles Alena, one of their brightest young talents, a new deal after discovering that Manchester City were making a move for his signature. (Mirror)

Torino want to keep Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart in Italy until the 2018 World Cup. (Mirror)

Didier Drogba has announced he is leaving MLS side Montreal Impact – but could carry on playing at the age of 38. (Mirror)

Didier Drogba: Suing the Daily Mail

Chelsea’s 20-year-old defender Andreas Christensen, who is on loan at Borussia Monchengladbach, has ruled out returning to Stamford Bridge this season. (Daily Express)

Aston Villa are preparing an offer for Ludogorets’ 25-year-old Brazilian winger Jonathan Cafu. (Sportal)

Related Articles

Your Say