Chelsea will rival Manchester United for Thomas Muller, Ander Herrera’s future is under the spotlight, while Spurs will hand Harry Kane a new deal, according to Tuesday’s papers.
BLUES TO RIVAL UNITED FOR MULLER
Chelsea are ready to rival Manchester United for Bayern Munich star Thomas Muller.
But the Daily Mirror claims the 27-year-old could find himself replaced next summer by the Germany superstar, who has already been targeted by Old Trafford chief Louis van Gaal.
Former Bayern and Germany midfielder Lothar Matthaus however, has warned 26-year-old Muller to steer clear of the Premier League.
Matthaus said: “He does not need Manchester United or Chelsea. “Barcelona perhaps could use him, but I do not know whether he can deal with their game.
“My opinion is that he should definitely stay at Bayern for his lifetime.
“He started his professional career at Bayern and I think he should end his career here. He does not need any new challenge as he is always playing at the highest level every year at Bayern.”
Chelsea have also been linked with Leicester striker Jamie Vardy in January, while Shakhtar Donestk’s Alex Teixeira claims he’s also set for a move to Stamford Bridge.
UNHAPPY HERRERA SEEKING MANCHESTER UNITED TALKS
Ander Herrera wants showdown talks with manager Louis van Gaal after becoming disillusioned at Manchester United.
The Daily Star says the Spanish ace feels his career has stalled under Van Gaal this season and is planning to discuss his future with the Dutchman.
Herrera joined United from Athletic Bilbao for £29m in June 2014 and was hailed as one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe.
But he has made just 32 appearances and become frustrated at his lack of game time at Old Trafford.
The claims that Herrera is unhappy at the club come just a matter of weeks after the player himself insisted he was ‘living the dream’ at Old Trafford.
Herrera had to wait until the end of August to make his first Premier League start and has found himself in and out of the team ever since.
A ‘source’ told the Daily Star: “Ander is worried about his lack of progress at Manchester United under Louis van Gaal.
“He feels like he’s lost his identity as a player and doesn’t know what his role is anymore.
“His situation appears to be getting worse and he’s worried his career is going backwards, so there will have to be a chat with the manager.”
Herrera is under contract at Old Trafford until 2018.
He was hoping that joining United would boost his chances of forcing his way into the Spain squad ahead of next summer’s European Championships.
SPURS TO DOUBLE KANE’S WAGES
Tottenham are reportedly willing to offer Harry Kane a new contract, and double his wages to £70,000 a week, to ward off interest from Manchester United and Chelsea.
The 22-year-old put pen to paper on a five-and-a-half year contract worth £35,000-a-week in February.
United were credited with a strong interest in Kane in the summer and considered tabling a bid in excess of £40million.
Chelsea are now thought to be sniffing around Kane, as they seek to bolster their flagging strikeforce.
But, according to reports on Tuesday, Spurs have held talks with Kane’s representatives over a new deal worth £70,000 a week.
The report states that sources close to the north London outfit insist the club won’t listen to offers for Kane.
AND THE REST
– Cristiano Ronaldo’s mum Dolores wants her son to join Manchester United over Paris Saint-Germain if he leaves Real Madrid (Daily Mirror)
– Jamie Vardy has all-but ended Manchester United and Chelsea’s hopes of signing him in January by saying he wants to stay at Leicester (Daily Express)
– Southampton want to sign Brighton wonderkid Solly March (Daily Mirror)
– West Ham will step up their interest in Ivory Coast star Gohi Bi Cyriac with fears growing over Diafra Sakho’s long-term fitness (Daily Star)
– Aston Villa rejected an approach from Birmingham to loan Libor Kozak (Daily Mirror)
– Chelsea will not be able to send Radamel Falcao back to Monaco, who are reluctant to accept him back (Daily Mail)
– Tottenham’s Andros Townsend is set for a January exit with Aston Villa, West Brom, Newcastle, Leicester and Swansea interested (Daily Mirror)
– Emmanuel Adebayor is set to return to England to find a club, with Chelsea and Watford options (Daily Mail)
– Brighton are set to sign Dundalk forward Richie Towell, 24, on a two-and-a-half-year deal (Daily Star)