Paper Talk: Arsenal challenge for PSG man; Chelsea scout Inter duo

Date published: Saturday 18th November 2017 10:52

Chelsea will scout two Inter Milan players on Sunday and Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has refused to rule out a future move for Neymar, all in the papers.

 

CHELSEA SCOUT INTER PAIR

Chelsea will scout Inter Milan duo Milan Skriniar and Antonio Candreva, according to FC Internews.

Inter face Atalanta on Sunday and Blues representatives will watch centre-back Skriniar, 22, who is also interesting Barcelona.

The Slovakia international only signed for Inter from Sampdoria in the summer for €23million, but he has hit the ground running for Luciano Spalletti’s men.

Already the Slovakia international is being eyed up by the big boys with Bara believed to be watching the Inter man. According to Mundo Deportivo the Blaugrana are keen to improve their defensive options and sporting director Robert Fernandez has been scouring the Italian top flight and Skriniar has caught his eye.

Asked about the interest from Barca last week, Skriniar told Sport.sk: “I’m an Inter player, and I do not talk about transfers. Barç a is always Barça, but I do not say anything: I’m at Inter and I’m very happy.”

Chelsea will also run the rule over Italy international Candreva, 30, who is under contract until 2020.

 

AND THE REST

Brazilian forward Lucas Moura is ready to quit PSG and join Arsenal in January. (UOL Esporte)

Manchester United will try to sign Real Madrid’s 28-year-old forward Gareth Bale next summer. (Daily Mirror)

United believe they can help Wales international Bale overcome his fitness issues and are not put off by the series of injuries he has recently suffered. (Guardian)

Petr Cech admits he is frustrated at Arsenal’s already failing Premier League title campaign. (Daily Mirror)

Riyad Mahrez insists he is happy at Leicester despite wanting to leave in the summer. (Sun)

Brazil star Hulk claims he has the chance to move to the Premier League this January. (Sun)

Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro is not close to moving to Newcastle United despite reports suggesting otherwise, the 24-year-old’s agent says. (Evening Chronicle)

Napoli have entered the race to sign Espanyol’s 20-year-old defender Aaron Martin, who is a target for Manchester City and Manchester United. (Sport)

Bayern Munich are closing in on a deal to sign Hoffenheim’s 29-year-old striker Sandro Wagner. (Daily Mail)

Manchester United will try to sign Tottenham’s 27-year-old left-back Danny Rose in January. (Sun)

Turkish club Galatasaray are keen to sign United’s 29-year-old midfielder Marouane Fellaini in January. (Sun)

Jurgen Klopp will give Dominic Solanke more chances at Liverpool. (Mail)

Antonio Conte says England boss Gareth Southgate left Danny Drinkwater open to attack. (Mail)

The projected cost of redeveloping Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge stadium has risen to more than £1bn – which would make it the most expensive ground in Europe. (Times)

Blues manager Antonio Conte says he will keep his new beard as long as his side continues to win games. (Evening Standard)

And the Italian has defended his midfielder Danny Drinkwater, who he says was injured and was not available for recent England duty after national team coach Gareth Southgate said the 27-year-old declined the call-up. (Daily Express)

La Liga president Javier Tebas says Barcelona’s Nou Camp stadium could be closed as a possible punishment if pro-Catalan independence chants are deemed in breach of Spanish league rules. (Marca)

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says his Spurs side will always have a core of English players. (ESPN)

Swansea boss Paul Clement says he has “no regrets” over selling Jack Cork to Burnley as the midfielder prepares to face his former club on Saturday. (Lancashire Telegraph)

Former Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher says training against former team-mates Roy Keane and Paul Scholes was harder than Premier League matches. (Daily Record)

Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone says that Real Madrid “have taken all the good kids” in Spanish football. (Marca)

Newcastle defender Florian Lejeune criticised Tottenham striker Harry Kane for the challenge that resulted in him sidelined for six weeks. (Independent, Star)

Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has refused to rule out a future move for PSG forward Neymar. (Star)

Real Madrid are hoping that Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez moves to Manchester City so they can sign Sergio Aguero. (Express)

Joel Matip picked up a thigh injury in training this week and is likely not to be risked against Southampton. (Express)

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments