Chelsea are eyeing a January move for Edinson Cavani, Real Madrid will try to sign Robert Lewandowski next summer, while Ron Vlaar could join Everton on a free, claim Tuesday’s papers.
CHELSEA KEEN ON JANUARY DEAL FOR CAVANI
Chelsea are monitoring Edinson Cavani’s situation at Paris Saint-Germain after he apparently didn’t want to return to the French capital following the terror attacks.
Uruguay striker Cavani is ready to ask for a move following the terrorist attacks in Paris on Friday night. His team-mate David Luiz spoke recently of how the attacks have left him fearful about returning to the French capital – and it’s thought Cavani is of the same mind.
The Blues have struggled for goals this term, with Diego Costa misfiring and Radamel Falcao failing to impress.
Manchester United have been tracking the 28-year-old with Louis van Gaal desperate to add some firepower to his attack.
Arsenal are also keen to capitalise Cavani’s situation, with French news outlet Le10 Sport claiming PSG have valued Cavani at £32million which shouldn’t put off Mourinho, Van Gaal or Arsene Wenger.
REAL PLOTTING SUMMER SWOOP FOR LEWANDOWSKI
Real Madrid are eyeing a summer move for Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski.
Poland international Lewandowski has been in excellent form for both club and his country this season and his German agent, Maik Barthel, said last week that Premier League clubs are keen on signing the striker.
The 27-year-old’s Polish agent, Cezary Kucharski, has now said Madrid are tracking the former Borussia Dortmund star, who scored four goals against Los Blancos in the first leg of the 2013 Champions League semi-final.
“You cannot deny that there is interest from Real Madrid,” Kucharsky is quoted by Marca.
Marca reports that Madrid made a further attempt to sign Lewandowski in the summer, but the Spanish newspaper also quotes the striker as saying: “There has been no contact over the past few months.”
Lewandowski, who is sixth on our list of Europe’s top 10 stars of the season so far, has been central to Bayern’s successful start this season, with 19 goals in 17 games.
He is under contract at the Allianz Arena until 2019.
EVERTON TO SIGN VLAAR ON A FREE
Everton are ready to make an offer to free agent Ron Vlaar if he can prove his fitness.
The Holland international is searching for a new club after leaving Aston Villa in the summer but had knee surgery which held up a proposed move to Lazio.
Vlaar, 30, admitted he cried with frustration after being told he had torn his medial meniscus, just months after surgery on a cruciate knee ligament injury.
He has undergone a painstaking recovery, training with former club AZ Alkmaar, and hopes to be fully fit next month.
The no-nonsense centre-back wants to stay in the Premier League and is understood to have offers from clubs in Holland, Italy, Germany and Turkey, according to the Daily Mail.
Roberto Martinez only has three senior central defenders in John Stones, Ramiro Funes Mori and Phil Jagielka, with the latter currently out until Christmas with a knee injury.
AND THE REST
– Juventus are considering a double swoop for Chelsea’s Oscar and Southampton’s Graziano Pelle (Daily Mail)
– Aston Villa are targeting QPR’s Charlie Austin to solve their goalscoring problems (The Sun)
– Southampton striker Graziano Pelle would like a return to Italy, throwing into doubt a potential move to Manchester United (Daily Express)
– Manchester City are eyeing a deal for Rennes youngster Ousmane Dembele (Daily Mail)
– Barcelona star Lionel Messi has been linked with a move to Arsenal (Daily Telegraph)
– Real Madrid are willing to let Cristiano Ronaldo leave for £80m (The Sun)
– Juventus defender Daniele Rugani, who is struggling for games in Italy, is being monitored by both Man United and Arsenal (The Independent)
– Everton have joined the chase for Red Star Belgrade prospect Marko Grujic (Daily Mail)
– Barcelona are keeping tabs on Sebastian Giovinco, who is currently playing for MLS side Toronto FC (Rai Sport)
– Liverpool could offer Xabi Alonso a return to Anfield (Daily Express)
– Bournemouth winger Matt Ritchie is being monitored by Man United. (Daily Mail)
– Norwich City midfielder Louis Thompson could be among the first names recruited by Blackburn’s new manager Paul Lambert in January (Daily Mail)
– Ayoze Perez, Riyad Mahrez and Sadio Mane are all on Manchester United’s list of targets (Daily Mail)
– Napoli have confirmed they have entered contract talks with Liverpool target Dries Mertens (Daily Express)