Chelsea are plotting a swap deal involving Eden Hazard and James Rodriguez, while the Blues are also chasing January deals for John Stones, Bernado Silva and Alex Teixeira, say Tuesday’s papers.
RODRIGUEZ – HAZARD SWAP ON THE CARDS?
Chelsea are plotting a stunning swap deal by offloading Eden Hazard to Real Madrid and getting James Rodriguez in return.
The Daily Star claims the deal is currently being discussed between the two clubs, with Colombian Rodriguez unhappy at the Bernabeu under Rafael Benitez, and could leave for around £58million.
However, Chelsea plan to use Real’s interest in Hazard to bring that fee down and replace one quality attacker with another.
In further Chelsea news, the Daily Express claims the Blues will relaunch their £40m bid to sign Everton defender John Stones in January as manager Jose Mourinho bids to freshen up his struggling side.
CHELSEA QUOTED £21.6M FOR SILVA
Chelsea are the favourites to sign Monaco midfielder Bernardo Silva with the French team understood to be open to selling the 21-year-old, providing their £21.6m price-tag is met.
The Daily Express, carrying a report on Monday evening from Spanish outlet Fijaches, say the Blues believe that the Portugal international, 21, has a big future in the game and are ready to bring him to Stamford Bridge.
But Barcelona are also in the hunt for the attacking midfielder.
Barcelona are more keen on a summer transfer, which will hand the Blues the initiative to land him.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mirror says Chelsea have been warned Alex Teixeira could cost them at least £7m more if they fail to strike a January deal with Shakhtar Donetsk. The 25-year-old Brazilian has revealed Jose Mourinho’s team are in talks with his Ukrainian club about signing him.
AND THE REST
– Manchester United have joined the race for Benfica youngster Goncalo Guedes who’s been scouted by Arsenal and Chelsea (Daily Star)
– Arsenal are likely to intensify their search for a holding midfielder in January after being drawn against Barcelona in the Champions League, with William Carvalho, Grzegorz Krychowiak and Ruben Neves among those under consideration (The Times)
– Swansea have started the process of interviewing candidates to take over and former Argentina boss Marcelo Bielsa has become the latest name to enter the fray (The Sun)
– Arsenal are weighing up a move for Barcelona’s 20-year-old defender Alex Grimaldo (Daily Express)
– Angel di Maria has revealed how a phone call from Laurent Blanc convinced him to leave Manchester United and join French champions Paris Saint-Germain (Daily Mail)
– Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet is close to signing a new contract at Liverpool, with negotiations over extending his Anfield career set to be concluded before the end of the month (The Guardian)
– West Brom will consider handing Kerim Frei a Premier League return if they miss out on QPR’s Matt Phillips. Besiktas are offering former Fulham forward Frei around the Premier League on loan and the Baggies fear new Hoops boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will refuse to sell Phillips next month.