Chelsea are chasing Porto star Ruben Neves, Liverpool are tracking the next Xavi and Victor Valdes could be heading to Sevilla in January.
Chelsea track Porto startlet
The Evening Standard report Chelsea are planning to make a £29million bid for 18-year-old Porto midfielder Ruben Neves next summer.
Believe it or not, Neves becomes one of the long line of players to impress against a club and then become a transfer target of the said club.
The youngster impressed against the Blues in Porto’s 2-1 midweek win and the Standard claims Chelsea have been scouting the player for some time.
The Portugal Under-21 international has a £29million release clause in his deal, but Chelsea will pay that next summer as long as Neves continues to improve.
(Then of course he will join one of the army of Chelsea starlets on loan).
Liverpool chase new Xavi
Liverpool have reportedly stepped up their interest in Real Betis wonderkid Daniel Ceballos, according to reports in Spain.
Arsenal and Chelsea have both scouted the midfielder schemer, who has been likened to Barcelona and Spain star Xavi.
The Spanish reports claim Ceballos is wanted by all of Europe’s big guns – and if that is the case it would be hard to see the Betis youth product choose Anfield as his destination of choice.
Betis want to keep the Spain Under-21 player, but his contract expires at the end of the season when he will be available to move on with the buying club having to pay a compensation fee.
Cue interest from Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Sevilla set sights on Valdes
Frozen-out Manchester United keeper Victor Valdes could be heading to Sevilla in January, according to a couple of the Spanish papers.
Diario AS and Estadio Deportivo both claim the La Liga side are chasing Valdes, who may well be available for free in January.
United boss Louis van Gaal does not see Valdes as part of his plans and will allow the 33-year-old to move abroad without a fee.
Sevilla’s young keeper Sergio Rico, 22, has been called up to the Spain senior squad, while their other stopper Beto is currently injured.
It certainly looks like a definite possibility in the winter transfer window and one to keep your eye on.
And the rest
Liverpool must qualify for the Champions League to keep Philippe Coutinho, according to his Brazil pal David Luiz. (Mirror)
Sunderland manager Dick Advocaat is understood to be considering quitting the club after Saturday’s home game against West Ham, having become disillusioned with life on a limited budget. (various)
Arsene Wenger did not pursue a move for Anthony Martial because he did not think Monaco would sell him. (Star)
Advocaat has already told Sunderland’s backroom staff he is ready to leave, with former Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson in the frame to replace him. (Daily Mail)
Burnley boss Sean Dyche is also among the contenders to take over from the Dutchman at the Stadium of Light. (Mirror)
Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling, 20, claims he never told England manager Roy Hodgson that he would not be able to play in the Euro 2016 qualifier against Estonia last year because of tiredness. (Guardian)
Defender John Terry, 34, is set to be recalled by manager Jose Mourinho for Saturday’s Premier League game against Southampton. (Daily Telegraph)
Manchester United defender Chris Smalling, 25, has credited his recent form to manager Louis van Gaal’s intensive training methods. (Daily Express)