Manchester City and Manchester United are battling to sign Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Mahmoud Dahoud, while Manuel Pellegrini has been linked with Juventus, according to Tuesday morning’s newspaper gossip.
CITY AND UNITED IN BATTLE FOR GLADBACH STAR
Manchester City and Manchester United are both set to battle it out for German midfielder Mahmoud Dahoud of Borussia Monchengladbach.
According to German sports daily Bild, United and City are both plotting summer swoops for the Syrian-born star, 20, who has impressed for the Bundesliga side this season making 28 appearances in all competitions.
City officials were particularly impressed with the dynamic midfielder in the two Champions League group stage matches he played against them.
United are desperate to improve their midfield and Louis van Gaal is keen to bring the Germany Under-19 international to Old Trafford.
Pep Guardiola is a fan and could make him one of his first signings when he moves to the Etihad from Bayern Munich at the end of the season.
Yaya Toure is widely expected to leave City in the summer making a midfielder a priority for the Spaniard.
Both Manchester clubs will face tough competition from Serie A champions Juventus for the signature of Dahoud.
JUVENTUS CONSIDER SUMMER APPROACH FOR PELLEGRINI
Juventus are ready to give Manuel Pellegrini a route out of Manchester City this summer – paving the way for Massimiliano Allegri to join Chelsea.
City’s Chilean manager has already revealed that he will be leaving the club at the end of this season to be replaced by Pep Guardiola. But Pellegrini, who steered City to the Premier League title in 2014, is sure to be in demand across Europe and has already been linked with a move to Chelsea and Valencia.
However, the Daily Express can reveal that Juventus have earmarked Pellegrini as the man they want if Allegri is lured to Stamford Bridge.
Despite warning Chelsea off their manager on Monday, Juventus are steeling themselves for an approach from Chelsea for Allegri, who steered them to the Serie A title last season and who will only have one year of his contract left this summer.
The London club are weighing up their options at the moment in terms of a long term successor to Jose Mourinho, with Italy coach Antonio Conte and Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone also in contention.
AND THE REST
– Jurgen Klopp wants to bring Real Madrid striker Jese Rodriguez to Anfield in the summer (Daily Express)
– Leicester will renew their interest in CSKA Moscow striker Ahmed Musa when the transfer window reopens this summer (Daily Express)
– Mauricio Pochettino could wreck Jose Mourinho’s dream of becoming Manchester United’s next manager (The Sun)
– Manchester United are set to beat the rest of Europe to the signature of Portuguese wonderkid Renato Sanches – if they appoint Jose Mourinho as their next manager (The Sun)
– Dimitri Payet is caught in the middle of a contract war between his agent and West Ham (The Sun)
– Leicester are ready to give new deals to Kasper Schmeichel and Danny Simpson (The Sun)
– Barcelona are confident of keeping Neymar at the Nou Camp, according to the club’s director of football Robert Fernandez
– Robert Lewandowski is in negotiations with Bayern Munich over a new contract, his agent has revealed (Daily Star)
– Cameron Borthwick-Jackson is set to pocket a monster 500 per cent Manchester United pay rise (Daily Star)
– Borussia Monchengladbach want to sign Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen on a permanent deal in the summer, the club’s sporting director has confirmed (Daily Star)
– Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte has rubbished suggestions that he’s agreed a deal to join Barcelona (Daily Star)
– Dimitri Payet is caught in the middle of a row between West Ham and his agent, who has demanded a new deal worth £125,000-a-week (Daily Mirror)
– England No 2 Gary Neville is to skip Thursday’s ‘vital’ get-together as he fights the growing crisis at Valencia (Daily Mirror)
– Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew has not given up hope of prising Mo Diame away from Hull (Daily Mirror)
– Tim Howard could be in his final season of English football after strong interest in taking him back to the States (Daily Mirror)
– Everton are closing on a £200m takeover agreement with US businessmen John Jay Moores and Charles Noell. The deal could be announced before the end of the month (Daily Mail)
– Chelsea have been dealt a key boost in their pursuit of Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann. The France international, if he leaves Spain, will prioritise a switch to the Premier League this summer (Daily Mail)
– Everton veteran Tim Howard in line for MLS return with Colorado Rapids in summer (Daily Mail)
– Rotherham will target Northampton Town boss Chris Wilder to replace the sacked Neil Redfearn (Daily Mail)
– Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo admits he’s planning on staying in the Spanish capital for ‘a couple more years’ before he considers the next stage of his career (Daily Mail)
– Manchester United’s cup competition earnings could still top £30m – even if Shrewsbury Town pull off an FA Cup shock this month and despite their early European exit (Daily Mail)
– Chelsea target Ezequiel Lavezzi is expected to finalise a move to Shanghai Shenhua over the next 24 hours. The Paris St Germain forward is out of contract in the summer (Daily Mail)
– West Bromwich Albion are in talks with five players over new contracts with Craig Dawson, James Morrison, Stephane Sessegnon, Gareth McAuley and Jonas Olsson all in negotiations (Daily Telegraph)
– Sergio Aguero could sign a contract extension at Manchester City, with the club wanting the striker to agree a one-year increase at least (The Guardian)
– The former Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio has made a second bid to become Rotherham’s new manager (The Guardian)