Real Madrid will activate a £30m release clause to sign David de Gea next summer, Manchester United are hopeful of re-signing Cristiano Ronaldo, while Arsenal are keen on Alex Grimaldo and Karim Bellarabi, say Friday’s newspapers.
DE GEA’S REAL SWITCH BACK ON – NEXT SUMMER
Real Madrid will finally trigger a £30m release clause next summer to land David de Gea.
The Spanish giants failed to sign the Manchester United keeper in August after the paperwork failed to be sent in time on transfer deadline day – forcing the keeper to stay at Old Trafford, where he eventually signed a new deal.
Now The Sun claims De Gea has a £30million release clause in his new contract, which Real have “every intention” of activating next summer (of course they do!)
De Gea, for his part, said recently he’s “happy” playing for Louis van Gaal now, while adding: “Nobody let me down or disappointed me – these are things that happen. You must look forward, and I am very happy now.”
Will De Gea finally make his dream move to play for los Blancos?
RONALDO TO SNUB CHELSEA FOR UNITED RETURN
Sticking with Manchester United and Real Madrid transfer exchanges, and The Sun also claims that officials at Old Trafford are confident they will be able to persuade Cristiano Ronaldo to snub a move to Chelsea and return to United, perhaps as early as next summer.
The Red Devils have reportedly been alerted by Chelsea’s interest in the Portuguese superstar and plan to offer him a return to England. The paper claims the ’emotional attachment’ Ronaldo has to United will sway him to snub Chelsea and re-join his former club
The Real superstar will be 31 in February and left United for a then-world record fee of £80million in 2009, but has reportedly had his differences with current Real Madrid coach Rafael Benitez this season.
GUNNERS PLOTTING GRIMALDO SWOOP AND LEAD BELLARABI CHASE
Arsene Wenger is plotting a swoop on Barcelona B team captain Alex Grimaldo.
The 20-year-old is reportedly eyeing a move away from the Nou Camp after struggling for first team action, and Arsenal are ready to step in, according to reports in the Daily Star.
The left-back is one of the most highly-rated defenders in Europe, but at 20 the Valencia-born starlet is keen for first-team action.
Barcelona B were relegated from Spain’s Segunda last season, meaning Grimaldo has been left to ply his trade in the third tier of Spanish football.
The Nou Camp club’s sporting director, Robert Fernandez, this week claimed the full-back isn’t willing to sign a new deal – with Arsenal favourites to land him over fellow suitors Bayern Munich.
The Daily Express, meanwhile, claims the Gunners are leading Manchester United and Barcelona in the race for Bayer Leverkusen winger Karim Bellarabi.
The £15 million-rated forward has enjoyed a fine season so far and is in Germany’s squad for their friendlies against France and Holland over the next week.
AND THE REST
– West Ham are tracking Sporting Lisbon’s Algerian striker Islam Slimani – but may have to fight off Tottenham, who are keen on the star. The Hammers have been heavily linked with the hitman, 27, in the last two transfer windows (The Sun)
– Steve McClaren has told midfielder Siem de Jong to forget about a return to the Netherlands, with Newcastle keen to see him through his adjustment to life in the Premier League after a long injury battle (The Sun)
– Jose Mourinho is weighing up a deal for Paris Saint-Germain full-back Gregory van der Wiel (Daily Star)
– Tottenham, Stoke City and Charlton are battling for the signature of highly-prized Ebbsfleet winger Shilow Tracey (The Sun)
– Olivier Giroud held talks with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger after France manager Didier Deschamps told him he needed to be playing more for his club to secure a place in the international side (Daily Mirror)
– Bournemouth have been alerted to the possibility of a loan move for free-scoring New York Red Bulls striker Bradley Wright-Phillips (Daily Mirror)
– Branislav Ivanovic will ‘probably’ sign a new contract at Chelsea, according to his agent. The Blues defender has come under fire this season for a string of poor displays and Inter Milan are reported to be monitoring the situation (Daily Express)
– Manchester United have made Southampton attacker Sadio Mane their primary transfer target in January (Daily Express)
– Samir Nasri, who has struggled for appearances this season due to competition for places and injury problems, could leave Manchester City. (Manchester Evening News)
– Derby are planning to sign Blackburn left-back Marcus Olsson on loan, with a view to a £1million deal in January (The Sun)
Discuss these transfer rumours on the Your Say forums.