Paper Talk: Chelsea want £88m star; Everton eye shock Carroll move

Date published: Sunday 1st October 2017 12:24

Everton are weighing up a shock move for a former Liverpool forward in January, while Chelsea are keeping tabs on an £88m Steaua Bucharest attacker, according to Sunday’s papers.

 

EVERTON TARGET SHOCK MOVE FOR FORMER REDS FORWARD

Everton boss Ronald Koeman reportedly wants former Liverpool striker Andy Carroll to make a £20m return to Merseyside in January.

The Toffees have failed to replace Romelu Lukaku after the striker’s £75million switch to Manchester United, something is said to have led to tension between Koeman, director of football Steve Walsh and club chairman Bill Kenwright.

But Koeman has now turned to Carroll as his number one target in January, according to a report in the Sun on Sunday.

The 28-year-old joined the Hammers from Liverpool four years ago, having spent 18 months at Anfield after a £35million switch from Newcastle.

The former England striker, who has had an injury-plagued career, missed the start of the season with a groin issue but made his return against Huddersfield last month and put in an impressive display as the Hammers beat Swansea on Saturday.

Carroll has 18 months remaining on his £110,000-a-week contract at the London Stadium and it is thought that West Ham will not stand his way if he favours a return north in the New Year.


 

AND THE REST

Tottenham will make a fresh bid for Fulham star Ryan Sessegnon – but the asking price could be an astronomic £50m (Sun on Sunday)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be back in training with Manchester United by the end of October (Sun on Sunday)

Chelsea are tracking Steaua Bucharest winger Florinel Coman, who has a £88m release clause in his contract (Mail on Sunday)

Gerard Deulofeu and Paco Alcacer are ready to quit Barcelona just six games into the La Liga season due to a lack of playing time (Sun on Sunday)

Tottenham could get Danny Rose back in time for their Champions League date with Real Madrid on October 17 – the England left-back is closing on a return from a serious knee injury (Sun on Sunday)

Birmingham are to make a £2m offer for Crystal Palace playmaker Jonny Williams, who is currently out on loan at Sunderland (Sun on Sunday)

Preston will demand £12m for striker Jordan Hugill if any of his suitors come calling when the transfer window reopens in January (Sun on Sunday)

Arsenal are planning to give Jack Wilshere a new four-year deal (Sunday Mirror)

Liverpool are making regular checks on Norwegian starlet Olaus Jair Skarsem, who plays for Rosenborg (Sunday Mirror)

Jose Mourinho prefers Antoine Griezmann to Alexis Sanchez as he looks towards making Manchester United’s next big splash into the transfer market (Daily Star on Sunday)

Graeme Souness has told Jurgen Klopp to launch a January bid for Virgil van Dijk and pay whatever it takes to land the Southampton star (Daily Star on Sunday)

Manchester City might wait until early next year to open talks with Kevin de Bruyne over a new contract but the club is not concerned about any possible delay (Daily Star on Sunday)

West Ham are keeping close tabs on Wales boss Chris Coleman following their poor start to the new season (Daily Star on Sunday)

Inter Milan want to make a double January swoop on Manchester City for David Silva and Eliaquim Mangala (Daily Express)

PSG will offer Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez a £10m bonus if he signs a pre-contract deal in January (Daily Express)

West Ham’s bid to line up Carlo Ancelotti as Slaven Bilic’s replacement appears to be doomed to failure after he was offered £13m a year to manage Chinese outfit Guangzhou Evergrande (Daily Express)

Newcastle are in talks with potential investors as Mike Ashley considers his position at the club – sources are playing down talk that he has reduced his asking price to £380m (Mail on Sunday)

Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for West Ham target William Carvalho to £30.75m which could tempt the London club back in for a January offer (Daily Express)

Idrissa Gueye has given manager Ronald Koeman a boost by agreeing a new long-term deal to stay at Everton (Mail on Sunday)

Antonio Conte would have quit Chelsea last summer but for a clause in his contract that would have made him pay the club a large termination fee (Sunday Times)

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments