Liverpool are hopeful of landing two Germany internationals, but could be thwarted by Manchester City in their chase for a goalkeeper, leaving Joe Hart’s future in doubt.
LIVERPOOL ‘CONFIDENT’ OF LANDING GOTZE
Numerous reports on Tuesday morning suggest Liverpool have made Bayern Munich midfielder Mario Gotze their number one target ahead of the summer transfer window, and are extremely optimistic they can seal a deal.
According to The Guardian, Daily Mirror, Daily Express and The Sun, Gotze is keen on a reunion with Reds boss Jurgen Klopp, whom he played his best football under at Borussia Dortmund.
The 23-year-old, who scored the winner in the 2014 World Cup final, has struggled to establish himself at Bayern Munich, and has made only five starts in the Bundesliga this term.
Bayern are understood to value Gotze at £30million but Liverpool believe they can agree a deal for £15-20million, given the attacker’s contract has only 12 months left to run.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mirror also report Klopp wants to sign Germany left-back Jonas Hector, with Cologne willing to sell the 25-year-old for £12million.
GUARDIOLA EYES BARCELONA GOALKEEPER
Joe Hart’s Manchester City future has been cast into doubt, with incoming manager Pep Guardiola targeting Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen.
Ter Stegen, who has also been linked with Liverpool, has revealed his frustration at sharing goalkeeping duties with Claudio Bravo at the Nou Camp.
“If the situation remains the way it is at the moment, we’re definitely going to have to talk – there’s no avoiding that,” he said.
According to the Daily Mirror, this has put Guardiola on red alert, who may be tempted into making a big offer for the Germany international.
Guardiola wants City to operate with a ‘sweeper keeper’, and there are question marks regarding Hart’s ability to fulfill such a role.
AND THE REST
– Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is keeping tabs on Bournemouth winger Matt Ritchie, who has also been watched by Manchester United and Chelsea (The Sun)
– Everton have slapped a £50million price tag on Chelsea and Manchester United target Romelu Lukaku (Daily Mirror)
– Chelsea have lined up 17-year-old AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma should they decide to cash in on Real Madrid target Thibaut Courtois (Daily Mail)
– Deportivo la Coruna are interested in out-of-favour Liverpool duo Tiago Ilori and Luis Alberto (Daily Mirror)
– David Beckham wants former Real Madrid teammate Roberto Carlos to manage his MLS side (The Sun)