PSG could bid for Jordan Henderson, Rafinha says he snubbed a move to the Premier League, while Chelsea are back in for Victor Valdes.
HENDERSON WANTED BY PSG
Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson is set to be the subject of a surprise January bid from Paris Saint-Germain.
Tuttomercato reports that the midfielder has been watched by PSG scouts and the club are now believed to be ready to bid for the player, who is currently out-of-action due to a broken foot.
PSG boss Laurent Blanc allegedly wants to strengthen his midfield and sees the 25-year-old as the perfect man to do that.
It could signal that Blaise Matuidi is on his way to Chelsea, as has previously been reported.
RAFINHA REJECTED PREM SWITCH
Bayern Munich’s Rafinha, a previous Arsenal target, has revealed that he has turned down a Premier League move over the summer.
The right-back was thought to have been Arsene Wenger’s ideal replacement for Bacary Sagna when he left, eventually signing for Manchester City.
But Rafinha claims he was the subject of more interest over the summer.
“The Premier League is a top league,” Rafinha said in quotes reported by the Daily Star.
“But I have two more years at Bayern and I plan to stay here for at least this period.
“My agent has told me that he has been approached by some English clubs.
“But I decided to renew my contract with Bayern and those English clubs went away.”
CHELSEA CONSIDER VALDES LOAN
Manchester United outcast Victor Valdes could be signed by Chelsea, according to the Daily Mail.
Chelsea are concerned that they would not have a top-class goalkeeper available to them should Asmir Begovic become injured during Thibaut Courtois’ recovery.
Valdes has been banished from all of United’s first-team activities by manager Louis van Gaal.
With the loan window open, Chelsea could apply to make an emergency loan move for the goalkeeper.
AND THE REST
– Liverpool will have to wait until next summer to land Carlo Ancelotti. The Italian manager, who left Real Madrid last summer, is committed to having a full 12 months away from the game (Daily Star)
– Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew has hit out at the Premier League big boys for snapping up promising young players without working out where they will fit in, the Palace boss claiming Wilfried Zaha’s brief spell at Manchester United ‘set him back’ (Daily Mirror)
– Louis van Gaal is ‘delighted’ Manchester United striker James Wilson has decided to pen a new four-year deal at the club (Daily Express)
– Jack Grealish is valued higher than the record fee paid by a British club, according to Tim Sherwood. The Aston Villa manager insists he would not accept a bid worth £60m for the 20-year-old playmaker (Daily Mail)
– Leicester midfielder Dean Hammond is set to join Sheffield United on loan (Daily Mirror)