Lorenzo Insigne has ruled out a move to Arsenal, Bournemouth look set to sign Jermain Defoe, while Liverpool want a PSG teen, claim Tuesday’s papers.
ARSENAL HANDED INSIGNE BLOW
Arsenal target Lorenzo Insigne’s agent insists the 24-year-old Italy striker wants to stay at Napoli “for life”.
The forward was heavily linked with a summer move to the Gunners, who are reportedly planning to renew their interest when the window reopens in January.
But his representative insists the Italy international, who is contracted at the Stadio San Paolo until 2019, has no desire to leave the Serie A club.
“His contract expires in 2019 and Lorenzo Insigne has repeatedly said that he wants to stay at Napoli for life,” Antonio Ottaiano told Radio Crc.
“If all the prerequisites are in place for it to happen, the engagement will become a marriage. The club believes in Lorenzo, they consider him crucial to the future of Napoli.
“The big clubs saw Lorenzo as an exciting prospect at first, now they’re probably casting admiring glances at him.
“They’ll have to give up though, Lorenzo is a Napoli player until 2019, and not only is he happy, he wants to win in a blue shirt.”
LIVERPOOL PONDER SWOOP FOR PSG TEEN
Liverpool are scouting Paris St-Germain youngster Odsonne Edouard, according to French newspaper Le Parisien.
The Reds were understood to be watching the teenager in action in the UEFA Youth League against Malmo recently.
Chief scouts were also reportedly monitoring the striker at the Under-17 World Cup.
According to reports, PSG are concerned that 17-year-old Edouard could leave the Parc des Princes on a free transfer.
SUNDERLAND CONSIDER DEFOE SALE TO BOURNEMOUTH
Jermain Defoe could be sold by Sunderland in January to free up funds with Bournemouth considering a move for their former striker.
Defoe arrived at the Stadium of Light from Toronto last January, but has been unable to command a regular first-team place at the club and could be sold by new manager Sam Allardyce.
Bournemouth are said to have a firm interest in the player and were considering a move over the summer before turning their attention elsewhere. But an injury to Callum Wilson means the Cherries could come back in for him in January and it’s unlikely the Black Cats hierarchy will to stand in his way.
AND THE REST
– Manchester United agreed a €30m fee for Benfica winger Nicolas Gaitan last summer but opted not to pursue the deal (A Bola)
– Ronald Koeman says he would be happy to sign a new deal at Southampton. His current contract is due to expire in the summer of 2017. (Daily Mail)
– Radamel Falcao’s grandmother blames Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho for destroying the Colombia striker’s confidence. (Daily Star)
– PSG winger Ezequiel Lavezzi has agreed a move to Barcelona for next summer (Gazetta dello Sport)
– Reported Manchester City managerial target Pep Guardiola has given them hope he could leave Bayern Munich by describing it as “boring” to stay in one place for too long (Daily Mirror)
– Eden Hazard has stoked the flames at Chelsea after ‘liking’ a post on Instagram saying he could move to Real Madrid (various)
– Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce will not be making a move for ex-West Ham and Newcastle midfielder Kevin Nolan, 33, as he would prefer to bring in a striker at the Stadium of Light (Daily Telegraph)
– Mousa Dembele is seeking talks with Tottenham over his role in the side after playing second fiddle to Eric Dier and Dele Alli this season (Daily Mail)