The future of England trio Harry Kane, Jack Wilshere and Michael Carrick is among the gossip in Monday’s newspapers.
HE’S ONE OF THEIR OWN
Harry Kane has eased fears over his Tottenham future after talks between the two parties stalled.
Report last week claimed Spurs are unwilling to meet Kane’s wage demands, with the striker wanting parity with fellow England internationals.
The 23-year-old currently earns £60,000-a-week, which is £35,000-a-week less than summer signing Moussa Sissoko.
However, speaking after he scored two late goals in Tottenham’s 3-2 victory over West Ham, he said: “There’s not many better feelings than being at White Hart Lane and scoring in a London derby. I’m happy at the club and want to be here for a long, long time.
“A lot of people are going to speculate about contracts. That’s going to happen – it shows I’m doing well, for one thing.
“We are in talks and I’m sure we will get something sorted. I’m not panicking and I’m not demanding anything as I’ve read in the paper. Hopefully we will have no issues – we have only just started talking about it. Get that down and get that wrapped up.
“In the meantime I’m fully concentrated on playing for Tottenham and winning for Tottenham and there are no doubts after Saturday that my mind is anywhere else.”
Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea are all understood to be monitoring Kane’s situation.
AND THE REST
– Jose Mourinho wants to hand Michael Carrick a new one-year deal as he believes the midfielder gets the best out of Paul Pogba (Daily Express)
– Manchester United are set to miss out on Reece Oxford with 17-year-old close to signing a new five-year deal at West Ham (The Sun)
– Gareth Southgate will have a formal interview for the England job on Monday and could be named permanent boss by the end of the week (Daily Mirror)
– Norwich chiefs will meet this week to decide the future of manager Alex Neil amid the Canaries’ poor form (The Sun)
– Claudio Ranieri wants to sign Olympiakos midfielder Luka Milivjevic in January amid injury concerns over Nampalys Mendy (Daily Mirror)
– Leicester also maintain an interest in Norwich’s Robbie Brady after failing in a bid to sign the Republic of Ireland international in the summer (Daily Mirror)
– AC Milan remain interested in Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, who snubbed the San Siro outfit to join Bournemouth on loan (Daily Star)
– Lionel Messi is using interest from Manchester City as leverage as he enters contract negotiations with Barcelona (The Sun)
– West Ham are monitoring 18-year-old Dundee midfielder James Cowan (Daily Mirror)
– QPR are eager to sell former Spurs midfielder Sandro in January (Daily Mirror)