Liverpool are chasing two goalkeepers to replace Simon Mignolet, Barcelona want Ander Herrera and Arsenal are eyeing a Brazilian teenager, say Sunday’s papers.
KLOPP EYES DUO TO REPLACE MIGNOLET
Jurgen Klopp is set to return to his homeland for a replacement Liverpool No.1. Loris Karius at Mainz 05 and Bernd Leno of Bayer Leverkusen are his main candidates to replace Simon Mignolet between the posts.
The Daily Star Sunday, quoting Italian news source Calcio Mercato, say new Reds boss Klopp has already drawn up a transfer shortlist.
Klopp stated the squad only needs a few minor tweaks in his first official press conference but it appears he already has his eye on a new goalkeeper.
The highly-rated pair are viewed as potential candidates to succeed Manuel Neuer between the sticks for Germany in the future.
BARCELONA KEEN ON HERRERA RAID
Barcelona are plotting a stunning raid for Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera.
The Nou Camp club are keen to bolster their midfield ranks and view the Spanish playmaker as an ideal candidate, according to the Sunday People.
The Catalan giants will see their transfer embargo lifted when the window opens at the turn of the year and they are plotting new signings.
Herrera is among their targets but, while the initial plan was to try to take him on loan for the rest of the season, Barca are now considering a permanent bid to take the Spaniard back to his homeland.
Herrera, who cost United £29million when he joined from Atletico Bilbao, has been on Barcelona’s radar for years and his recent games have been watched by Nou Camp spies.
The player is aware of Barcelona’s interest but there are no plans to think about his future for at least a couple of months when he will have a much better idea of how he fits into Louis van Gaal’s plans at Old Trafford.
GUNNERS EYE BRAZILIAN TEENAGER
Arsenal are eyeing a swoop for Brazilian youngster Luis Henrique.
The Gunners are one of several European giants looking at the 17-year-old Botafogo striker, although various reports suggest his release clause ranges from anything between £10.5m and £40million!
According to the Daily Star Sunday, Henrique’s agent Kia Joorabchian intends to sell the teenager in the January transfer window.
The youngster scored a brace on his debut for Botafogo in July and is set play a central role for Brazil at the Under-17 World Cup in Chile in October.
AND THE REST
– Tim Sherwood has to win one of his next two matches for Aston Villa – or he will be sacked. Sherwood is up against it just seven months after taking charge at Villa Park and needs to turn the situation around quickly – or he’ll pay by losing his job – with Brendan Rodgers high on the list of possible replacements (Sunday Mirror)
– Chelsea are looking at Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone as a replacement for Jose Mourinho but will have to pay £15m to land the Atletico Madrid chief (Sunday Mirror)
– Nathaniel Chalobah could be heading back to Chelsea in January. The midfielder was sent on loan to Italian club Napoli on a season-long loan deal on deadline day. He’s been given just five minutes of game time in Italy (Daily Star Sunday)
– Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal is eager to offload Marcus Rojo and replace him with Netherlands international Bruno Martins Indi (Daily Star Sunday)
– Manchester United are tracking one of England’s best young goalkeepers – Sunderland stopper Jordan Pickford, currently on loan at Preston (Daily Star Sunday)
– Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce will make West Ham defender James Tomkins a January transfer target (Daily Star Sunday)
– Premier League flop Roberto Soldado has put his underwhelming spell at Tottenham down to former manager Andre Villas-Boas’ dismissal in December 2013 (Mail on Sunday)
– Everton are showing an interest in Auxerre’s promising midfielder Brahim Konate. The 19-year-old has started the Ligue Two side’s last three games to spark an upturn in the club’s form (Mail on Sunday)
– Jurgen Klopp is looking to make 21-year-old Sassuolo forward Domenico Berardi his first Liverpool signing (Sunday Express)
– Wayne Rooney’s move from Everton to Manchester United was a bitter affair but a return to Goodison Park could make sense for both parties in the next year or two (The Oberserver)
– Victor Wanyama is ready to snub a new contract from Southampton in order to push through a January move to Tottenham (The Sun on Sunday)
– Arouna Kone is set to be handed a new deal at Everton (The Sun on Sunday)
– Sergio Aguero has revealed his admiration for Pep Guardiola and says he’d one day like to play for the Spanish manager amid new claims he has been lined up by Manchester City next summer (The Sun on Sunday)
– Hatem Ben Arfa wants a return to the Premier League to prove he was not a flop at Newcastle (The Sun on Sunday)
– QPR and Sheffield Wednesday will battle it out to sign Gary Hooper on loan from Norwich (The Sun on Sunday)
– Bolton boss Neil Lennon is ready to sign Carlton Cole on a free transfer (The Sun on Sunday)
– Sunderland starlet Duncan Watmore has hinted he could look to leave the Stadium of Light (The Sun on Sunday)
– Wolves boss Kenny Jackett is keen on Plymouth midfielder Graham Carey (The Sun on Sunday)
– Swansea are chasing FC Dallas’ Colombian winger Fabian Castillo (The Sun on Sunday)
– Fulham could move for Steve Bruce if Kit Symons gets the boot (The Sun on Sunday)
– Nick Powell is ready to quit Manchester United after failing to make the breakthrough at Old Trafford (The People)
– New Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is planning a January transfer move for Swansea forward Andre Ayew (The People)
– Crystal Palace are tracking Ballymena United midfielder Matthew Shevlin, who is also being tracked by Everton, Liverpool and West Brom (The People)
– Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and Manchester City have sent scouts to watch Dinamo Zagreb striker Marko Pjaca (The People)
– West Ham are lining up a £10million January deal for Besiktas midfielder Oguzhan Ozyakup (The People)
– Sunderland and Aston Villa are considering the free transfer signing of former West Ham midfielder Morgan Amalfitano (The People)
– Everton and West Brom are chasing Bohemians defender Stephen Best, 17 (The People)
– Kyle Lafferty has vowed to leave Norwich in January if he continues to be left out the side (The People).
The TEAMtalk Your Say forums are back. Join the debate here.