Barcelona’s Cristian Tello is wanted by Liverpool and Everton, who could lose Kevin Mirallas, while Manchester City are chasing Angel Correa, claim Tuesday’s papers.
LIVERPOOL AND EVERTON PLOT TELLO RAID
Liverpool and Everton have placed Barcelona forward Cristian Tello, 24, on their list of transfer targets after it emerged he wants to leave the club when his loan spell at Porto ends.
The 24-year-old is on loan at the Portuguese club after struggling to become a regular in the Barcelonaa line-up and Liverpool and Everton are among the clubs on alert, according to A Bola.
Tello seems likely to move at the end of the season when his loan finishes and a Premier League move could be on the cards so he can avoid returning to being a squad player for the Catalan giants.
It is arguably in attack that the club have looked most short of quality this season, with Raheem Sterling yet to be adequately replaced after his move to Manchester City.
Liverpool have only scored 12 league goals so far this term, and recently drew five games in a row.
CITY EYE CORREA SWOOP
Manchester City are looking to boost their firepower win an £8m swoop for Atletico Madrid’s exciting centre-forward Angel Correa.
The Daily Mirror reports the Spanish club say they have already turned down an enquiry from City but are expecting them to come back for the 20-year-old in January, who has already played for Argentina and is regarded as one of their biggest prospects.
MIRALLAS HINTS AT EVERTON EXIT
Kevin Mirallas is growing increasingly concerned that his lack of minutes for Everton will hinder his hopes of going to Euro 2016 with Belgium.
According to the Daily Express, the player could opt to leave Goodison when the transfer window opens in January in order to secure his place in Belgium’s squad next summer.
The attacker signed a new contract in the summer despite having appeared set to leave Goodison Park, but has struggled to force his way into manager Roberto Martinez’s plans.
Mirallas, who has been hit by injury and suspension, has not started a league game since the opening weekend of the season and has seen the likes of Gerard Deulofeu, Aaron Lennon, Arouna Kone and Steven Naimsith picked ahead of him.
He was handed a 25 minute cameo in Sunday’s 6-2 win over Sunderland when replacing Deulofeu but could look to review his situation in January.
Belgium coach Marc Wilmots omitted Mirallas for last month’s Euro 2016 qualifiers with Andorra and Israel which his side won to climb to the top of Fifa’s world rankings.
AND THE REST
– Inter Milan are willing to offer Radamel Falcao an escape from his Premier League struggles in January with another loan for Chelsea’s borrowed forward – but only if the striker takes a pay cut (Daily Mail)
– Chelsea and Manchester City have been handed a Paul Pogba transfer boost with news that the Juventus star has not signed a pre-agreement with Barcelona (Daily Mail)
– Real Madrid are worried Chelsea will demand a record fee for attacker Eden Hazard (Daily Mail)
– Should Jose Mourinho be sacked, former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti and the club’s former midfielder Claude Makelele have been lined up as a possible management team (Daily Mail)
– Former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini, 50, is a candidate to replace Mourinho if the Portuguese is sacked (Corriere della Sera)
– Manuel Lanzini has a £5.5m buy-out clause in his contract which West Ham will look to trigger to make his loan move permanent (Daily Express)
– Manchester United are monitoring Leicester City’s in-form Algeria winger Riyad Mahrez, 24 (Daily Mail)
– Emmanuel Adebayor could have route back into football at Watford in January (Daily Mirror)
– Joe Allen is determined to fight for his Liverpool future, despite Jurgen Klopp currently favouring Emre Can (Daily Mirror)
Discuss Tuesday’s transfer gossip on the new-look TEAMtalk Your Say forums.