Tottenham and Liverpool are tracking Moses Simon, while the Reds also want Ruben Neves and Arsenal are after Riechedly Bazoer.
LIVERPOOL ON TRAIL OF NEVES
Liverpool will try to lure Porto midfielder Ruben Neves to Anfield next summer, despite keen interest from Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Aged just 18, Neves has been tipped for a huge future in the game, and has been tracked by new Reds boss Jurgen Klopp for some time, according to the Daily Star, who are themselves quoting Tutto Mercato Web.
But according to TMW, Liverpool have entered the race for the Portugal starlet, with Klopp making it clear that he’d like to see the player come to Anfield.
The mounting interest in Neves could see him leave Porto in January, although the Portuguese side are unlikely to accept an offer below the players’ £29million release clause.
Neves has previously been likened to Sergio Busquets by former Barcelona winger Cristian Tello, who has of course played with the Spaniard at the Camp Nou.
ARSENAL KEEN ON BAZOER SWOOP
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is trying to sign Dutch wonderkid Riechedly Bazoer.
Gunners boss Wenger has sent scouts to keep regular tabs on the teenage Ajax midfielder, according to the Daily Mirror.
Bazoer is regarded as one of Holland’s best young prospects and Arsenal were in for him three years ago but he decided to join Amsterdam giants Ajax.
Although he is just 19, Bazoer has already represented Holland at Under-21 level, and has also been called up to the full squad.
The Gunners are now watching him closely and may be tempted to make a move when the transfer window opens in January.
SPURS AND LIVERPOOL TRACK ‘NIGERIAN RONALDO’
Liverpool and Tottenham have been told to pay £15m if they want to sign Moses Simon from Belgian club Gent.
The Premier League duo are both understood to be monitoring the progress of the 20-year-old, according to the Daily Express, who has been dubbed “the Nigerian Ronaldo” because of his pace and trickery.
Scouts are understood to have seen the Gent forward when casting an eye over his team-mate Laurent Depoitre – another forward interesting both English clubs.
Simon caught the eye and reports claim both Spurs and Liverpool wanted to sign him when he was a teenager.
They are understood to be desperate to keep him but reports in Nigerian newspaper HLN claim general manager Michel Louwagie is willing to business at £15million.
Although the initial move cost Gent less than £1m just over 12 months ago, they feel they can get top price for the man who helped them finish as runners-up in the Belgian Pro League last season.
AND THE REST
– Newcastle could make a move for Manchester United’s forgotton man Victor Valdes to replace the stricken Tim Krul (Daily Star)
– Southampton are braced for an approach from the Netherlands for their manager Ronald Koeman, with current boss Danny Blind under huge pressure (Daily Mail)
– Arsene Wenger is set to hand Alexis Sanchez a new deal (Daily Star)
– Jose Mourinho traveled to watch Ukraine vs Spain on Monday night because he is hopeful of pipping Barcelona to the signing of Andriy Yarmolenko (Sport)
– Arsenal’s Spanish left-back Nacho Monreal, 29, has agreed a new deal at the Emirates (Daily Mirror)
– West Brom could add to their squad in January, with Tony Pulis looking at Ignacio Camacho of Malaga (Birmingham Mail)
– Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel could be on his way to Turkish club Besiktas during January’s transfer window (Daily Express)
– Former England midfielder Peter Reid has held talks with new Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce about taking a coaching role at the Stadium of Light. Reid is a former Black Cats boss (Daily Express)
– Newcastle will bank a multi-million pound settlement from the Dutch FA following the season-ending knee injury sustained by Tim Krul while playing for Holland (Daily Mirror)
– Everton are weighing up a January move for AC Milan’s Keisuke Honda, who is valued at £6million (Daily Star)