Paper Talk: Brazilian added to make 3-man Liverpool shortlist

Date published: Friday 11th May 2018 8:33

 Liverpool have added Malcom to their shortlist of attacking players to target this summer, while one of Sergio Aguero’s former clubs want him back, all in Friday’s papers.

 

LIVERPOOL IN FOR MALCOM

Liverpool have drawn up a three-man shortlist to strengthen their attack this summer, according to a report.

The Reds are the latest Premier League club to join the hunt to sign Bordeaux’s Brazilian forward Malcom, according to the Daily Mail.

France Football claimed last month that PSG were the favourites to land the 21-year-old ahead of Arsenal and Tottenham.

Manchester United have also been linked with the player, who looks set to move on in the summer for a fee of around £40million.

Now though Jurgen Klopp has added Malcom to his wanted list which also includes Borussia Dortmund’s Christian Pulisic and Bayer Leverkusen’s Leon Bailey, per the source.

Malcom has 10 goals and seven assists in 36 games this season and was scouted by Man Utd in Bordeaux’s 1-1 draw with Marseille, according to La Provence, while Goal reported around Christmas that the player was very much liked by Jose Mourinho.

Wenger claimed in January “there is nothing concrete” regarding Arsenal’s interest in the player, while former Bordeaux manager Jocelyn Gourvennec suggested it would be hard to stop Malcom moving to Anfield if Klopp was serious about him

“If Liverpool want you to work for them tomorrow, you’d go. I’m a coach, I’d like to be able to count on Malcom, Malcom has to help us,” said Gourvennec.

 

 

AND THE REST

Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah says he will not be leaving Anfield this summer. The Egyptian, 25, had been linked with a move to Real Madrid. (Various)

Former England striker Wayne Rooney’s move to MLS side DC United from Everton is “50-50”. (Washington Post)

Wayne Rooney, 32, will snub the move to the United States if manager Sam Allardyce leaves the Toffees. (Mirror)

Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure, 34, will turn down lucrative offers from China and the Middle East to continue playing for less money in the Premier League when he leaves Manchester City this summer. (Mail)

Manchester City are leading the chase for Napoli midfielder Jorginho. The 26-year-old Italy international is also a target for the Premier League’s other top six sides. (Times)

Everton are lining up a £25m move for Newcastle’s English defender and captain Jamaal Lascelles, 24. (Mirror)

Atletico Madrid want to re-sign former striker Sergio Aguero from Manchester City. The 29-year-old Argentine left Madrid in 2011. (Mail)

England manager Gareth Southgate is weighing up whether to include 19-year-old Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold and Fulham winger Ryan Sessegnon, 17, in his provisional 35-man World Cup squad. (Telegraph)

Huddersfield face a battle to keep hold of midfield lynchpin Aaron Mooy, with West Ham keen on the Australia international. (The Times)

Ostersunds boss Graham Potter and Bristol City manager Lee Johnson are likely to be considered by Swansea City should Carlos Carvalhal leave at the end of the season.  (The Times)

Crystal Palace have told Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City that Wilfried Zaha will cost £70m. (The Sun)

Fulham and Aston Villa have joined Sheffield Wednesday in the race to sign Sunderland star George Honeyman. (The Sun)

A proposal is in place for Premier League referees to make live announcements to explain VAR decisions, much as officials do in American Football.  (The Times)

Juventus are set to offer Chelsea £15m to take Spanish striker Alvaro Morata, 25, on loan. (Express)

Juventus want to sign Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata on a £15m deal which would see him loaned back to his former club for two years. (Star)

Chelsea target Maurizio Sarri will meet with Napoli’s president next week to discuss his future. (Mirror)

Newly-promoted Wolves have made AC Milan’s Portuguese striker Andre Silva their main summer target. The 22-year-old is said to be worth £33m. (Sun)

Wolves are also considering a £30m bid for Sporting goalkeeper Rui Patricio, 30, with the Portugal international also wanted by Napoli. (Diario de Noticias)

Sevilla are keen on former Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini. (Marca)

Steven Gerrard hopes to hijack John McGinn’s possible move to England by tempting him to join his Rangers revolution. (Daily Record)

Image: Rangers.co.uk

Rangers have handed a trial to Queen’s Park starlet Michael Ruth, who broke into their first team this season at the age of 16. (Daily Record)

Swansea are likely to appoint a younger manager to replace Carlos Carvalhal, in the mould of previous managers Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez. (Telegraph)

Burnley’s Martin Hodge has been tipped to succeed Tony Henry as West Ham’s head of recruitment. (Mail)

Brighton goalkeeper Tim Krul is set for talks about his future with the Seagulls. The 30-year-old Dutchman is out of contract next month. (Argus)

Cardiff look likely to sign Newcastle’s England youth goalkeeper Paul Woolston after the 19-year-old impressed while on trial. Woolston will be released by the Magpies this summer. (Sun)

Bournemouth striker Jermain Defoe has revealed he and England team-mate Wayne Rooney were so bored during downtime at the 2010 World Cup that they watched Rooney’s wedding DVD. (ESPN)

Manchester City and Germany winger Leroy Sane’s dance moves at their title-winning party worried manager Pep Guardiola, who said he was “scared” of the 22-year-old’s level. (Manchester Evening News)

City goalkeeper Ederson has earned a Guinness world record for the longest drop-kick in football with an effort of 75.35m. (FourFourTwo)

Retiring Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick says former boss Sir Alex Ferguson would only play him if it was raining. (ESPN)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments