Paper Talk: Everton to snub Arsenal ace; Liverpool eye Blades star

Date published: Monday 2nd October 2017 10:08

Liverpool and Everton are going head-to-head to try and land a Championship sensation, while the Toffees will not be renewing their interest in an Arsenal star, according to Monday’s papers.
 

MERSEYSIDE RIVALS IN BATTLE FOR BLADES STAR

Merseyside rivals Liverpool and Everton are reportedly showing an interest in Sheffield United midfielder David Brooks.

The 20-year-old has been at Bramall Lane for three years, after being released by Manchester City, but his outstanding early season form with the Blades has seen him attract interest from England’s top flight.

Brooks has made only three league starts this campaign but has two assists and has been named in the Wales squad for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Georgia and Republic of Ireland.

He only signed a new deal with Chris Wilder’s men earlier this year but United are keen to offer Brooks an improved, long-term contract to ward off interest from the Premier League.

Indeed, only recently Wilder warned off any potential suitors hoping to land his young talent.

He said: “He won’t be going anywhere [in January]. We’ve said that all along.

“We are building something here. There are always casualties along the way when you do that and, yes, we are already looking to January ourselves.”

AND THE REST

Everton will not renew their interest in Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, 31, when the transfer window opens in January (Daily Star)

Roy Hodgson is lining up a shock move for ex-AC Milan star Alberto Gilardino to solve Crystal Palace’s crisis up top (The Sun)

Financial entrepreneur Amanda Staveley was at St James’ Park on Sunday amid speculation she could be involved in a Newcastle takeover attempt (The Sun)

Former Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue is set to resurrect his career with Cypriot side Turk Ocagi Limassol (The Sun)

Slaven Bilic will get until the end of the season to prove he is the man to take West Ham forward (Daily Mirror)

Pep Guardiola has sparked a backlash from Tottenham fans after referring to the north Londoners as “the Harry Kane team” (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea are optimistic the injury suffered by star striker Alvaro Morata during their defeat by Manchester City is not too bad (Daily Mail)

Diafra Sakho insists he could still quit West Ham in January if he does not get more playing time (Daily Star)

Ronald Koeman believes his players are still behind him after Everton slipped deeper into early-season crisis (Daily Express)

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has admitted defending the league title in his native Italy was easier than in England (Daily Telegraph)

Aston Villa are keen on signing Manchester United loanee Sam Johnstone on a permanent basis in January (Manchester Evening News)

Watford boss Marco Silva says he convinced the Hornets’ board to sign 20-year-old Brazilian winger Richarlison in the summer

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments