Paper Talk: Reds eye £25m Saints star; Hazard’s Man Utd link

Date published: Friday 27th May 2016 7:48

Eden Hazard: Gives his thoughts on Mourinho's last months

Eden Hazard: Gives his thoughts on Mourinho's last months

Liverpool are ready to turn their attention to Sadio Mane after missing out on Mario Gotze, while Eden Hazard is the latest name to be linked with Manchester United, according to Friday’s newspapers.

 

LIVERPOOL TO GO FOR MANE AFTER GOTZE SNUB

Sadio Mane: Southampton forward fit to face Crystal Palace

Liverpool have turned their focus to signing Southampton’s £25million-rated Sadio Mane after failing to land Mario Gotze.

Jurgen Klopp has turned to the Saints winger after top target Mario Gotze made it clear he would prefer to stay at Bayern Munich for another season.

Manchester United tried and failed to sign Mane last summer while Tottenham were also interested in the Senegal speedster.

Mane cost Saints £11.8m from Red Bull Salzburg in 2014.

But Ronald Koeman wants at least double that for one of his star men who last May scored the fastest ever Premier League hat-trick in just two minutes and 56 seconds against Aston Villa.

Liverpool have made a habit of raiding St Mary’s with Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Nathaniel Clyne and Rickie Lambert all moving to Anfield in the last two summers, with both The Guardian and the Daily Star claiming a move for Mane is now top of their agenda.

 

MOURINHO WANTS HAZARD AT UNITED

Jose Mourinho wants to bring Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard to Manchester United, according to reports in Italy, and as covered in the Daily Express.

The Belgian has been heavily linked with a move away from Chelsea in recent months after a disappointing season in west London.

Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid have been credited with interest, while United have also kept tabs on him.

But following the news of Mourinho signing a deal to become United’s new boss, their pursuit of the Belgian has increased rapidly.

According to Italian journalist Emanuele Giulianelli, Mourinho has spoken directly with Hazard over a reunion at Old Trafford.

He tweeted: “Hazard wants to leave Stamford Bridge and Mourinho has spoken directly to him. This is what has happened. #cfc #mufc.”

Earlier on he suggested that a bid between £65million and £75m could be offered to prise him away from Chelsea.

He tweeted: “Mourinho wants Hazard from Chelsea at Manchester United. £65 mln offer could reach £75 mln. First contact with his entourage ok. #mufc #cfc.”

Hazard scored six goals for the Blues last season and is under contract until 2020.

 

 

AND THE REST

Breel Embolo: Wolfsburg see offer rejected

Jack Wilshere shouldn’t go to the Euros with England because he hasn’t played enough, says Sol Campbell (The Sun)

Gareth Bale is ready to emerge from Cristiano Ronaldo’s shadow to become Real Madrid’s star man as he prepares for the Champions League final against Atletico (The Sun)

Tottenham have opened negotiations with Basel forward Breel Embolo, 19, after he scored 21 goals in 61 leagues appearances (Daily Express)

Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has postponed contract talks for a second time and the 27-year-old says he is unwilling to discuss signing a new deal until after Euro 2016 (The Times)

Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, 24, says he will remain at Stamford Bridge next season, despite interest from Real Madrid and Paris St-Germain (Daily Express)

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman is eyeing a swoop for Atalanta’s teenage Ivory Coast international centre-back Franck Kessie (The Sun)

Bournemouth ace Glenn Murray is wanted by Reading, QPR and Fulham (The Sun)

Charlton want Russell Slade to be their boss (The Sun)

Swansea have made a move for AZ Alkmaar’s attacking midfielder Markus Henriksen, 23, who is valued at £6m by the Dutch club (South Wales Evening Post)

Premier League champions Leicester City look like making Sporting Gijon centre-back Luis Hernandez, 27, their first signing of the summer on a free transfer (Leicester Mercury)

Bournemouth are leading the race to sign 18-year-old striker Mikael Ndjoli, who has not offered a professional contract by Millwall (Bournemouth Echo)

Diego Simeone will snub interest from the Premier League to see out his contract with Atletico Madrid (The Sun)

Barcelona full-back Dani Alves, 33, is expected to announce he is joining Serie A champions Juventus on a free transfer signing three-year deal (Daily Mirror)

Everton are planning an offer to tempt Arsenal legend Marc Overmars – the director of football at Ajax – back into English football (Daily Express)

The agent of Martin Skrtel says the 31-year-old defender is “90% sure to leave Liverpool” this summer with Turkish side Besiktas a possible destination (ESPN)

Derby County have interviewed former Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson about becoming the club’s new manager (The Times)

Chelsea will block any attempts by Mourinho to sign Brazilian midfielder Willian, 27, who has been linked with a £60m move to the Red Devils (London Evening Standard)

Liverpool and Wales midfielder Joe Allen, 26, who has been linked with Swansea, says if any interested clubs want to talk to him, he is “not going to pie them” (The Sun)

Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Mario, 23, says he is focused on playing for Portugal at Euro 2016 after reported interest from Manchester United and Chelsea (Daily Express)

Piotr Zielinski’s proposed move to Liverpool from Udinese is in danger of collapsing, the Poland international midfielder’s agent has revealed (Daily Star)

Alessandro Florenzi: Linked with move to United

Jose Mourinho wants to sign Roma pair Alessandro Florenzi and Kostas Manolas (Daily Star)

Arsenal are bracing themselves for a summer bid from Barcelona for full-back Hector Bellerin (Daily Star)

Pep Guardiola has told Manchester City chiefs they need eight new starters as he plots his summer overhaul (Daily Mirror)

Man City midfielder Yaya Toure, 33, has rejected offers of £30m from two Chinese Super League clubs and is also not interested in joining Serie A side Inter Milan (The Guardian)

Raheem Sterling, signed from Liverpool for £47m, is fearing for his Man City future under Pep Guardiola due to a crisis of confidence (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea are confident of beating competition from Manchester United to resign their former striker Romelu Lukaku from Everton (Daily Mirror)

Gary Cahill has become another injury worry for England after it emerged he needs painkilling injections to allow him to play (Daily Mirror)

Roberto Di Matteo is set to be given the task of rebuilding relegated Aston Villa (Daily Mirror)

Roma have joined West Ham in the pursuit of Newcastle star Georginio Wijnaldum, with his agent confirming the player has to think about his future (Daily Mail)

Arsenal have tabled a £1.2m bid for Bolton defender Rob Holding, with the League One club considering Chris Powell and Nigel Adkins for the manager’s job (Daily Mail)

Liverpool are considering a summer approach for Dinamo Zagreb’s Ante Coric, with Chelsea and Manchester City also in the race for the Croatia Under-21 international midfielder (Daily Mail)

Related Articles

Your Say

teamtalk323

Home Forums Paper Talk: Liverpool eye £25m Saints star; Hazard’s Man Utd link

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by James Marshment James Marshment 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.