Liverpool are keen on Claudio Marchisio but not Martin Montoya, Chelsea are chasing Paco Alcacer, while Spurs want Sofiane Feghouli.
REDS CONSIDER MARCHISIO BID
Liverpool will bid for Juventus and Italy star Claudio Marchisio, according to reports in Italy.
Spanish news outlet Fichajes claim Jurgen Klopp will mount a £23.5m bid for the 29-year-old when the transfer window opens in January.
However, Juventus are keen to keep hold of the midfielder after losing Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal in the summer.
Marchisio is also reported to have been a target of Arsenal and Manchester United in recent years,
KLOPP SCRAPS MOVE FOR MONTOYA
Jurgen Klopp has told Liverpool to scrap a potential move for Barcelona’s Martin Montoya.
The right-back was a target for previous boss Brendan Rodgers, but Klopp has no interest in bringing the player to Anfield, claims the Sunday Mirror.
Montoya is currently on loan at Inter Milan but Barca were willing to recall the player in January amid concerns over his game time and to give them fresh hope of selling him on.
Liverpool were believed to have a potential deal lined up – but that has now been scrapped on the advice of new Liverpool boss Klopp.
And it seems Montoya will end the season with Inter after his agent admitted: “We believe he needs more time to adapt and there are no plans to leave.
“Barcelona have loaned him for two seasons and that remains the same.”
CHELSEA PLAN £50M ALCACER SWOOP
Jose Mourinho is chasing Valencia’s £50m striker Paco Alcacer.
The Sun claim the Blues sent scouts to watch the Spain international in Los Che’s 3-0 win over Malaga on Saturday night. The 22-year-old has quickly risen to prominence with the Spanish national team by scoring six in his first 10 appearances for La Roja since his debut last year.
The Sun reported Alcacer has a £56m buyout clause that “could be negotiated down,” while “Chelsea have good lines of contact into Valencia, where super-agent Jorge Mendes is very influential.” All that remains is for Roman Abramovich to back his under-fire coach with a huge sum in January, but will he splash the cash after such a poor start to the season?
SPURS CONSIDER BID FOR FEGHOULI
Tottenham are considering making an offer for Valencia midfielder Sofiane Feghouli.
The Sunday Express, quoting Italian newspaper Tuttosport, claim Spurs will have to battle Inter Milan for the player, whose contract is due to expire in the summer of 2016.
That would mean the Algerian winger will be able to agree a free transfer come January – though Inter are keen to make a winter bid and sign him in January – forcing Spurs to either match their offer – or look elsewhere.
Spurs have been watching the player since the summer, but have decided against a move so far with the player willing to let his contract run down at the Mestalla.
AND THE REST
– David Moyes would be interested in leaving Real Sociedad to manage Aston Villa if the job became available (Daily Star Sunday)
– West Ham are watching Ivory Coast international striker Gohi Bi Zoro Cyriac of Belgian club Oostende (Daily Star Sunday)
– Huddersfield lead Everton and Crystal Palace in the race to sign Ballymena whizz-kid Matthew Shelvin (Daily Star Sunday)
– Brendan Rodgers has told pals he has no interest in the Aston Villa job (Sunday People)
– Newcastle boss Steve McClaren wants Manchester United misfit Victor Valdes to solves his goalkeeping crisis (Sunday People)
– Bayern Munich have identified Carlo Ancelotti as a potential successor to Pep Guardiola as fears grow the Spaniard could leave for Manchester City in the summer (Sunday Mirror)
– David Ospina could consider his Arsenal future if he is dropped from the Champions League line-up against Bayern Munich this week (Sunday Mirror)
– QPR striker Charlie Austin will turn down all Premier League interest in January – to move on a free transfer next summer (Sunday Mirror)
– Swansea keeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt plans to leave in January to safegaur his place with Sweden Ahead of Euro 2016 – if they get there in the play-offs (Sunday Mirror)
– Bolton youngster Zach Clough, a reported target of Manchester United, is set to sign a new contract at Bolton (Daily Star Sunday)
– David Beckham’s son Romeo is set to follow older brother Brooklyn in leaving Arsenal’s academy (Mail on Sunday)
– Arsene Wenger wants to launch a second bid for striker Aleksandr Kokorin (The Sun on Sunday)
– Chelsea are in a battle with Arsenal to land teenage Swiss flier Nishan Burkart (The Sun on Sunday)
– Manchester City are ready to sign Australia midfielder Luke Brattan (The Sun on Sunday)
– Derby are ready to snap up Bury’s teenage starlet Matty Foulds (The Sun on Sunday)
– Manuel Pellegrini has told Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero to stop putting his body on the line (The Sun on Sunday)