Liverpool are considering an £18million bid for Giuseppe Rossi, Arsenal are upping their interest in Nolito, while Spurs have watched Michy Batshuayi ahead of a January bid, according to Tuesday’s newspapers.
LIVERPOOL TRACK FORMER UNITED STRIKER ROSSI
Liverpool are looking to sign former Manchester United forward Giuseppe Rossi and are prepared to pay £18million for his services.
Fiorentina striker Rossi, who missed the entire 2014-15 season with a knee injury, has seen playing time difficult to come by thus far this campaign, and continues to slowly work his way back into top form.
When healthy though, the 28-year-old has the ability to be one of the most prolific strikers in Europe. According to his agent, Andrea Pastorello, Rossi is eager to see more action, which could make him receptive to Liverpool’s rumoured bid, which is reported in Tuesday’s Daily Star.
Liverpool have a wealth of forward options and it remains to be seen whether a move for Rossi will materialise in January.
ARSENAL STEP UP NOLITO CHASE
Arsenal have made an enquiry over Celta Vigo star Nolito as they look to firm up January transfer plans, reports both The Sun and the Daily Mirror.
The Gunners have long followed the 29-year-old but feared for much of the Autumn that Barcelona would beat them to the punch, with the forward favouring a Nou Camp move having come through Barca’s famed La Masia academy.
But the current La Liga leaders can’t afford the £15million price tag this winter, instead being forced to look at a loan for striker cover, meaning that Arsenal could have a free path to signing Nolito.
Surprise-package Celta had been working on a new contract to tie down their man, but the two parties moved further apart during negotiations when Nolito’s early-season form fired the Galician club into the top four and caught the eye of several European giants.
The Spain international, who featured against England in last month’s friendly, could expect to see his wages rise by around 250% should he join the north London club.
SPURS WATCH BATSHUAYI AHEAD OF POSSIBLE BID
Tottenham scouts were present at Marseille’s game against Rennes last week as they monitor Belgium international striker Michy Batshuayi ahead of a possible bid in January.
Batshuayi, 22, has already found the net 12 times for the Ligue 1 outfit this campaign and has a perfect goalscoring record for Belgium, scoring two goals in two appearances.
Spurs had scouts in the stand to watch the centre-forward play for Marseille against Rennes last week, according to the Daily Mail.
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino admitted last week he is keen bring attacking reinforcements to White Hart Lane to support Harry Kane.
North London rivals Arsenal are also thought interested in the highly-rated striker.
AND THE REST
– Manchester United are hopeful of closing a deal for highly-rated Ajax prospect Juan Familia-Castillo. The teenager – who turns 16 in January – has been closely followed by United for over a year (Daily Mirror)
– Manchester United are set to hand boss Louis van Gaal a transfer kitty of £70m this summer, with the aim of attracting a world superstar to Old Trafford (The Sun)
– Arsenal are preparing a move for Napoli midfielder Lorenzo Insigne, who has been involved in 12 goals in 15 appearances this season, scoring seven and providing five assists (Daily Star)
– Arsenal and Liverpool will go head-to-head for Leicester’s England youngster Ben Chilwell, who is currently on loan at Huddersfield Town (Daily Express)
– Romeo Beckham won’t be following dad David into football. Beckham’s oldest son Brooklyn also tried his luck in the footballing world but was released by Arsenal earlier this year (Daily Star)
– Italy manager Antonio Conte has emerged as the leading contender to become Chelsea manager – if Roman Abramovich finally loses patience with Jose Mourinho (The Sun)
– Liverpool have entered the chase for Charlton’s 18-year-old striker Ademola Lookman. Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham have all sent scouts to run the rule over the talented youngster (Daily Mirror)
– Manchester United remain keen on Chelsea midfielder Charly Musonda. The 19-year-old has emerged as a target for United and rivals Manchester City after been left in the cold by the Blues (Daily Mirror)
– Charlie Austin could walk out of QPR as Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink walks in to the managerial hot-seat (Daily Express)
– Leicester, meanwhile, are braced for offers for striker Andrej Kramaric, who has struggled to escape from the twin shadows of Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez. Kramaric cost Leicester £9m from Rijeka last January (Daily Mail)
– Bournemouth are interested in Leeds United midfielder Lewis Cook (Daily Mail)