Liverpool have lined up a £20m deal for Malaga midfielder Ignacio Camacho, while Christian Eriksen is on the brink of agreeing a bumper new deal to keep him at Tottenham, according to Saturday’s newspapers.
LIVERPOOL SET UP £20m DEAL FOR MALAGA STAR
Malaga midfielder Ignacio Camacho was reportedly spotted at Liverpool’s Melwood training ground with his agent on Friday ahead of a possible summer switch to Anfield.
Reports in Spain linked Camacho, 25, with a move to Liverpool back in 2014, but a move never materialised.
But now the Daily Express claim the Spanish midfielder flew to Liverpool from Malaga on Thursday, and visited the club’s Melwood training ground with his agent.
Jurgen Klopp is likely to make some squad alterations come the end of the season, and would have seen Camacho up close during Borussia Dortmund’s thrilling Champions League tie with Malaga back in 2013.
A defensive midfielder by trade, Camacho has represented Spain from the U17s to the senior squad, and is contracted to Malaga until the summer of 2019.
He’s thought to be valued by the club at £20million.
ERIKSEN CLOSE TO NEW SPURS DEAL
Christian Eriksen is the latest player close to agreeing a new contract at Tottenham.
The 23-year-old Denmark international has two and a half years left on his deal.
But boss Mauricio Pochettino continues to see him as a key member of the team.
Eriksen, an £11million signing from Ajax three years ago, is understood to be keen to commit his future to Spurs, reports the Daily Mirror.
The midfielder has scored six times this season and is joint fourth in assists in the Premier League behind Mesut Ozil, Riyad Mahrez and Kevin De Bruyne.
Pochettino has banked on the experience of Eriksen – who has 56 caps – as Spurs push for silverware on three fronts.
They have a Premier League date with Manchester City on Sunday, play Fiorentina in the Europa League on Thursday and host Crystal Palace in the FA Cup on Sunday week.
AND THE REST
- Louis van Gaal believes he will have left a positive legacy at Manchester United when his time at the club comes to an end (Daily Express)
- Raphael Varane will not leave Real Madrid, despite Manchester United’s interest, claims Zinedine Zidane (Daily Express)
- Chelsea are reportedly eyeing a move for Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin as a replacement for John Terry if he leaves at the end of the season (Daily Express)
- Arsene Wenger is lining up an £8m move for West Ham wonderkid Reece Oxford (Daily Mirror)
- Cheikhou Kouyate is the latest West Ham star set to commit his future to the club after being handed a four-year deal (Daily Mirror)
- Japanese star Yuto Nagatomo claims he turned down a January move to Manchester United in favour of staying with Inter Milan and working with Roberto Mancini (Daily Mirror)
- Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez believes former Foxes boss Nigel Pearson deserves a share of the praise for the recent success (Daily Mirror)
- Claudio Ranieri says it will be a “disaster” if Arsenal don’t win Premier League title (Daily Mirror)
- Jurgen Klopp insists he cannot bring the glory days back to Anfield as if by magic by saying: “I’m no David Copperfield” (The Sun)
- Super agent Jorge Mendes has called in a firm of high level spy catchers in a bid to track down the mole who keeps leaking football contracts (The Sun)
- Brentford midfielder Alan Judge says his desire to play in the top flight could force him to leave in the summer (The Sun)
- Neil Redfearn is poised for a swift return to management with Scottish Premier League side Kilmarnock (Daily Star)
- Tottenham can become the biggest club in north London says Harry Redknapp (Daily Telegraph)
- Guus Hiddink believes the Chelsea hierarchy will have to develop an enticing sales pitch to lure signings this summer when the club is unlikely to be able to offer Champions League football in the wake of this season’s toils (Daily Telegraph)
- Tottenham are plotting a move to beat London rivals West Ham United to their No 1 summer target, Michy Batshuayi (Daily Telegraph)