Paper Talk: United price up Herrera; Liverpool to bid big for Keita

Date published: Friday 30th June 2017 1:31

Liverpool are prepared to shatter their transfer record to sign Naby Keita from RB Leipzig, while Man Utd place price tag on Ander Herrera, all in the papers.

HERRERA FOCUSED ON UNITED

Ander Herrera “will not be swayed by Barcelona’s ongoing interest”, according to reports.

Catalan paper Sport yesterday reported that new Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde would turn to Man Utd midfielder Herrera and Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez if he could not lure PSG star Marco Verratti to the Camp Nou.

But the former Athletic Bilbao man Herrera “is fully concentrated on his career at Manchester United and has no desire to leave this summer”, according to the Daily Mail.

Reports in Spain suggested that the 27-year-old would be available for £35.2million, having joined United for £29million in the summer of 2014.

However, The Independent says United will not sell him for that money and it would take a bid of around £60million for them to even consider a deal.

LIVERPOOL TO BID FOR KEITA

Liverpool are ready to test RB Leipzig’s resolve over Naby Keita, says the Daily Mirror.

The German outfit, who have qualified for the Champions League, have insisted they want to keep the midfielder enforcer.

Chief executive Oliver Mintzlaff claims it would be “irresponsible” to cash in on the Guinea international before their first Champions League campaign.

But, claims the report, Liverpool want to discover if Leipzig and Mintzlaff will be as good as their word if the money is placed on the table for the talented 22-year-old.

It’s understood Liverpool will have to smash their transfer record for Keita with Leipzig unlikely to look sideways at an offer under £70million.

Klopp has identified Keita as his No. 1 midfield target and “Liverpool are willing to bankroll his pursuit of him” having already broke their record last week after signing £35.9million Mohamed Salah.

AND THE REST

The Reds will not prioritise Keita over Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and hope to acquire both the Guinea international and the Arsenal midfielder, 23. (Liverpool Echo)

Pepe is set to become Paris Saint-Germain’s first summer signing once his Real Madrid contract comes to an end (ESPN)

Everton will complete the signing of Malaga striker Sandro, 21, next week. The Toffees have met his release clause and he has passed a medical but the Spanish club are refusing to sign release papers until his deal ends on 3 July. (Liverpool Echo)

Manchester City are to take part in next season’s Checkatrade Trophy with Liverpool and Arsenal also invited. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City have opened talks with Tottenham over Kyle Walker transfer but Spurs won’t accept less than £50m.  (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal are cooling their interest in No 1 target Kylian Mbappe to concentrate on Alexandre Lacazette. (Daily Mail)

Claudio Bravo’s Manchester City future has been thrown into doubt as Geronimo Rulli is sounded out about a City return.  (Daily Mirror)

West Brom are closing in on the £4.5m capture of Inter Milan centre-back Andrea Ranocchia. (The Sun)

Harry Redknapp wants to sign Barnsley captain Marc Roberts for Birmingham after being snubbed by John Terry.  (The Sun)

Scott Parker is in talks with Tottenham over taking up a potential coaching role at his former club.  (The Sun)

Kieran Trippier has signed a new five-year deal at Tottenham leaving Kyle Walker free to join Man City.  (Various)

Robin van Persie could be set for a Premier League return after emerging as a Crystal Palace target.  (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea have made a shock move for Bayern Munich star Jerome Boateng as Antonio Conte bids to bolster his defence.  (Daily Mirror)

United could be left disappointed in their pursuit of Inter Milan forward Ivan Perisic, 28, as the Italian club need to break even for the financial year, or face a Uefa sanction. (Telegraph)

Chelsea are considering a move for Roma defender Kostas Manolas. The 26-year-old had been close to a £26m move to Zenit St Petersburg but has stalled in order to consider his options. (London Evening Standard)

Blues boss Antonio Conte is becoming frustrated at the club’s performance in the transfer market. (Star)

Southampton want Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho, 20, who is valued at £25m. (Sun)

Kelechi Iheanacho: On scoresheet yet again

Watford boss Marco Silva is determined to sign Kieran Gibbs from Arsenal. The 27-year-old left-back has also been linked with Liverpool. (Mirror)

Monaco do not expect to sell Thomas Lemar this summer and have told Arsenal and Tottenham, two of the 21-year-old winger’s suitors, that he is not on the market. (Independent)

Brighton manager Chris Hughton has confirmed the club have contacted Liverpool about defender Joe Gomez, 20. (Brighton Argus)

Hull City defender Andy Robertson, 23, is a potential target for Liverpool as Jurgen Klopp prepares to sign a left-back this summer. (Liverpool Echo)

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has seemingly ruled out the signing of Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez , 28. Hoeness says the German club are intent on signing younger players. (Kicker, via Mail)

Zinedine Zidane’s son Enzo has left Real Madrid to join Alaves. The midfielder, 22, has signed a three-year deal after failing to get a regular place in the team managed by his father. (FourFourTwo)

Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez, 22, wants to stay but, amid interest from Barcelona and Manchester United, says he would like more money. (Goal)

Saul: Linked with Premier League duo

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis says the club will make further signings this summer. (Star)

West Ham chairman David Gold has played down speculation the club are chasing Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, 25, and says the club are searching for two new strikers with Premier League experience. (TalkSPORT)

Liverpool have turned down a number of loan approaches for winger Sheyi Ojo. The 20-year-old has attracted interest from Newcastle, Burnley and Middlesbrough following his success with England at the under-20s World Cup. (Liverpool Echo)

Newcastle look set to sign Eibar defender Florian Lejeune, 26, and may try to lure striker Andre Gray, also 26, from Burnley. (Newcastle Chronicle)

Atletico Madrid could scupper Swansea City’s attempts to sign Las Palmas playmaker Roque Mesa, 28. (AS, via Wales Online)

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments