Paper Talk: Man Utd target wants Anderlecht exit; Zlatan to Milan

Date published: Monday 7th August 2017 12:02

A Manchester United midfield target is reportedly ready to quit Anderlecht this summer, while Diego Costa has suffered a huge blow to his hopes of leaving Chelsea, according to Monday’s newspapers.

 

MAN UTD TARGET KEEN ON ANDERLECHT EXIT

Leander Dendoncker’s agent has claimed he is ready for a new challenge as he seeks a move away from Anderlecht, with Manchester United reportedly interested.

The Red Devils are said to have already made an enquiry for the midfielder’s services, although Jose Mourinho was looking to bring in the 22-year-old next summer.

United have already snapped up a holding midfielder in the form of Nemanja Matic from Chelsea in a £40million deal, but are still said be keen on Dendoncker, according to the report in The Sun.

Mourinho was impressed with how the Belgium international performed in Anderlecht’s Europa League quarter-final against United last season, where he scored in the first leg.

And his agent, Christophe Henrotay, recently told Foot Mercato: “Anderlecht want to keep him but the kid wants a new challenge.

“We’ll see if we can find an agreement with the club, but that seems difficult.”

Dendoncker, who has also been linked with PSG and Everton, made 56 appearances for Anderlecht last season, scoring six goals in all competitions and was also a mainstay in Roberto Martinez’s Belgium side in 2016-17.

COSTA LEFT IN LIMBO AFTER SIMEONE COMMENTS

Diego Costa has been left in limbo after Diego Simeone ruled out an Atletico Madrid return for the Chelsea outcast.

The Spain striker does not have a future at Stamford Bridge after falling out with Blues boss Antonio Conte and had been hoping for a return to Madrid.

However, speaking after Atletico’s 3-2 friendly win at Brighton, Simeone admitted that he is only focused on working with the players he currently has – given his side’s transfer ban until January.

Simoene said: “I don’t want to comment too much. The fact is he is still with Chelsea.

“The most important thing to me is the work of my club in general, not only in training. I have to work with what I have.

“When I found there was no other possibility to get new players at the club I accepted it.

“Maybe I could improve the quality, but for the moment with this team I can work very well and I’m satisfied with that.”

AND THE REST

Barcelona believe they have Philippe Coutinho in the bag and are confident of landing the Liverpool playmaker in a £90million deal this week (The Sun)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be in line for a sensational return to AC Milan after sporting director Massimo Mirabelli confirmed the possibility (The Sun)

Brighton are poised to smash their transfer record by signing PSV midfielder Davy Propper in a £6m swoop (The Sun)

Bayern Munich are ready to test Tottenham’s desire to keep Eric Dier with a £50m offer (The Sun)

Alexis Sanchez is set to accept Arsenal’s stance and see out his contract before leaving on a free transfer next summer (Daily Mirror)

Antonio Conte is targeting Virgil van Dijk and demanding more signings from the Chelsea board after seeing his side beaten by Arsenal in the Community Shield (Daily Mirror)

Jurgen Klopp is ready to place his trust in Liverpool’s current centre-back stable amid a stalemate for Virgil van Dijk (Daily Mirror)

Riyad Mahrez fears Roma’s interest in him is cooling as Leicester have dug their heels in over his £50m valuation (Daily Mirror)

Rafa Benitez’s transfer frustrations have boiled over, with the Newcastle boss bemoaning the Magpies’ lack of investment this summer (Daily Mirror)

Southampton are set to smash their transfer record by landing £18m Juventus midfielder Mario Lemina (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea are ready to challenge Manchester United for the signature of Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale, 28, who will cost about £90m (Daily Mail)

Manchester City are prepared to play the waiting game in an attempt to land top target Alexis Sanchez (Daily Star)

Jose Mourinho has asked Manchester United chiefs to secure a move for Monaco star Fabinho (Daily Express)

Barcelona have begun talks with Borussia Dortmund over a £90m move for winger Ousmane Dembele, having already agreed a contract with the star, according to reports in France (Daily Mail)

Crystal Palace boss Frank de Boer is planning a raid on his native Holland to sign Luuk de Jong from PSV (Daily Mail)

Stoke have agreed a three-year deal for Cameroon forward Jean-Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting, 28, who is out of contract at German side Schalke and will join on a free transfer (Daily Mail)

Sunderland are set to miss out on Rangers striker Martyn Waghorn after Ipswich have a bid accepted (Daily Mail)

Mauricio Pochettino has insisted that Tottenham are working to secure “a few signings” before the end of the summer transfer window (The Independent)

Barcelona are reportedly “in advanced talks” to sign former Tottenham midfielder Paulinho (The Independent)

Arsene Wenger says more players will be leaving Arsenal before the end of the transfer window because the squad is too big (Telegraph)

Crystal Palace and Everton are interested in a permanent deal for Newcastle goalkeeper Freddie Woodman, who is expected to go out on loan this season (Chronicle)

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments