Paper Talk: Man Utd move for £60m Serie A star; Conte’s Van Dijk warning

Date published: Monday 18th December 2017 8:41

Manchester United are ready to make a £60million bid for a Juventus defender, while Chelsea are considering a move for Tottenham target Wilfried Zaha, according to Monday’s papers.

 

MAN UTD TARGET MOVE FOR JUVE STAR

Manchester United are reportedly set to make a £60m bid for Juventus full-back Alex Sandro in January.

Juve turned down a £65m offer from Chelsea for the Brazilian in the summer and although Antonio Conte is still keen on the player, the Daily Mirror reports that United are now firmly in the running to seal his signature.

The Italian champions are said to be ready to cut their losses on the 26-year-old, who could replace Matteo Darmian at Old Trafford.

The Italy international is a target for Turkish outfit Galatasaray and also been linked with a return to Serie A, with United boss Jose Mourinho openly searching for new options in the left-back spot.

Tottenham’s Danny Rose was thought be main Mourinho’s main target but it would now appear that United have turned their attentions to Sandro, who is likely to be a more viable option than the England star.

The best United news direct to your Facebook timeline: Like our dedicated Manchester Utd Facebook page.

 

AND THE REST

Chelsea are considering making a bid for Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha, who has been strongly linked with Tottenham, in January (Daily Mirror)

Antonio Conte says the other big six teams cannot allow Virgil van Dijk to sign for Manchester City (Daily Mirror)

West Ham’s Manuel Lanzini is sweating on a three-game ban for diving against Stoke with the incident now under FA review (Daily Mirror)

Arsene Wenger believes Mesut Ozil is in the best form of his Arsenal career which is why he deserves a mega new contract (Daily Mirror)

Mauricio Pochettino says Dele Alli needs “help” after he narrowly avoided a red card in the defeat to Manchester City (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez has turned down a £400,000-a-week offer from a Chinese club because he is determined to join Manchester City (The Sun)

Newcastle want RB Salzburg striker Dimitri Oberlin in January but he’s currently on loan at Basel (The Sun)

Swansea midfielder and assistant coach Leon Britton will take over as boss should Paul Clement be fired (The Sun)

Manchester United are targeting a £30m move for 20-year-old Bordeaux winger Malcom (Daily Mail)

Italian champions Juventus and Spanish giants Real Madrid are keen to sign Chelsea defender David Luiz (Daily Mail)

Graham Poll thinks Dele Alli should have been sent off in Tottenham’s defeat by Manchester City (Daily Mail)

Christian Benteke says he has no regrets about his penalty nightmare against Bournemouth last week (Daily Star)

Everton manager Sam Allardyce says they are crying out for the return of injured winger Yannick Bolasie (The Guardian)

Roy Hodgson has blasted Eddie Howe over allegations of Wilfried Zaha diving to win Crystal Palace penalties (The Independent)

Everton sent scouts to watch Charlton’s 20-year-old defender Ezri Konsa on Saturday (Liverpool Echo)

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM

Comments