One of Tottenham’s main attackers is attracting interest from France while Liverpool are set to bolster their forward line in January – according to Friday’s papers.
SON SHINING AT PSG?
Tottenham wide man Son Heung-Min is on PSG’s shortlist this January as they look to add more cutting edge to their side, according to the London Evening Standard.
The reigning Ligue One champions have struggled to dominate the division so far this season and they are set to use the winter break to fully assess their squad.
There are apparently concerns over Angel Di Maria and Jese, and the South Korean international could replace either of them within the coming month.
The Evening Standard, though, believe that it will be ‘unlikely’ for Tottenham to part ways with winger who has settled into Premier League life after a difficult start to his career at White Hart Lane.
The £22million signing from Bayer Leverkusen has scored six goals and made three assists this season, justifying the last-minute decision made by Mauricio Pochettino to keep him at the club when it looked likely he would leave.
FORWARD THINKING BY LIVERPOOL
Liverpool are on ‘red alert’, according to the Daily Mirror, as Brazilian starlet Gabigol looks set to leave Inter Milan in January.
There was understandably a lot of buzz surrounding the forward dubbed ‘the next Neymar’ when he arrived at the Serie A club in the summer, but after just three substitute appearances in the league this season he has already become a forgotten man at the San Siro.
Liverpool, though, who are set to lose Sadio Mane to the African Cup of Nations and have concerns about the fitness of Daniel Sturridge, are wanting to strengthen their options in attack and, as a result, could end Gabriel Barbosa’s nightmare at Inter.
Jurgen Klopp will be encouraged by the comments made by Inter Milan boss Stefano Pioli, who would not confirm that the Brazilian would be staying with the club beyond January.
Pioli told Mediaset Premium: “I am happy at the enthusiasm for Gabigol, but I’d like to see him make some moves that are more useful and not just spectacular for the sake of being spectacular.
“Will he remain? We are evaluating the situation. Our first objective in January is to whittle down the squad, because we want players who are happy to be at a big club like Inter.
“We are Inter, proud to be a big team and will go forward only with those who share that view.”
Inter Milan spent €30million on the Olympic Gold medallist in the summer and it is thought that the Reds would have to made a similar bid when the transfer window re-opens.
AND THE REST
Real Madrid see Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois as their long-term number one, and are close to agreeing a deal to sign the 24-year-old Belgium international for next season (Marca)
Colombia playmaker James Rodriguez could move the other way – but Chelsea will not pay Real Madrid’s £60m price tag for the 25-year-old (Sun)
Another player who could be on his way out of Stamford Bridge is Netherlands midfielder Marco van Ginkel, 24, with PSV Eindhoven interested (Omroep Brabant, Netherlands)
Germany midfielder Julian Draxler, 23, says he is ready to leave Wolfsburg as Liverpool consider a January move for him (Daily Star)
Stoke goalkeeper Jack Butland, 23, could miss the rest of the season after suffering a setback in his recovery from an ankle injury (Daily Express)
The fitness of striker Daniel Sturridge, 27, is vital to Liverpool’s attempts to maintain a Premier League title challenge, according to their captain Jordan Henderson, 26 (Daily Mail)